eset push notification service cannot be reached ??

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello @tommy456,

Yes I can confirm that some of our customers might have experienced such issues today.
It will be resolved by our teams, without any interaction required from customers side.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Peter

Is this issue still occurring today? Everything was ok this morning but now about half of our managed computers are reporting functionality problems stating "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached"

28 minutes ago, John.From.VT said:

about half of our managed computers are reporting functionality problems stating "The ESET Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached"

Same here. Maybe not half, but probably about 20%.

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

I can confirm that the service had intermittent outages.
A change, which should improve the situation server side is already deployed on few servers and should be deployed the the remaining ones in upcoming days.

Peter

Looking at our firewall logs, looks like some of our endpoints are attempting to use ESET servers in Slovakia which we have geo-blocked, causing the "Push Notification Service servers cannot be reached" isuse.

[We are currently geo-blocking many countries in and around Ukraine after seeing increased threat actor activity hitting our firewall]

--Lawrence

• Administrators

ESET servers are located in various countries, including USA. If connection to a particular server fails, another server should be attempted. Have you been experiencing the issue for a longer time or only in the recent 3-4 days?

We have about 70-80% of our endpoints stating notification service cannot be reached this morning.  It was only about 20% since Friday when it was confirmed there was an outage.  

• ESET Moderators

Hello

@ecayton I can confirm that the issue is ongoing and the teams responsible are actively pursuing it. I have the notification on unreachability of the EPNS myself as well now.

@LawrenceM the hostnames / IPs used by ESET are listed at https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall 

as ESET HQ resides in Slovakia / EU I would not recommend to block traffic heading to Slovakia, as we have a hosting service here.
I understand that you want to be cautious, I would recommend to use the ESET Bridge for the ESET related traffic as it has the rules built in... https://help.eset.com/ebe/1/en-US/index.html 

Peter

I also just started receiving this notification this morning. A little less than half of our devices are currently affected since around 9AM this morning and still occurring. Glad to see you guys are on it.

Still happening this morning in Florida.   Thanks.

Name resolution for the name epns.eset.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Ping:  Ping request could not find host epns.eset.com

Is It Down Checker:  Down  https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/epns.eset.com..html

Edited by MarcFL

Couple hours ago I had 24 (out of 149) with this issue, according to the management console. Right now it's up to 45.

Hopefully can be resolved soon.