Can't disable autorenew, asks to verify email but no button to verify email nor edit billing details

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hey there,

I'm an old Eset user and have purchased several yearly licenses, but recently I purchased a 2-year Internet Security license using the same email address I have verified years ago (public ID ‎3A7-6WB-MRD ) yet when I try to disable auto-renew it says that I have to verify my email address?!

I saw an Eset guide on how to verify email, but there is NO link to send a verification email like in their guide (since I have verified it years ago when I started using Eset), there is NO link to edit my contact/billing details or remove my card, I have no idea what to do to get full access to my license.

Screenshot-17_04_2023-11.42.17.png

Screenshot-17_04_2023-11.40.55.jpg

Edited by Razvan
switched images

• Marcos changed the title to Can't disable autorenew, asks to verify email but no button to verify email nor edit billing details
  • Administrators

I've asked the appropriate team to check why the verification link doesn't appear. In the mean time, please log in to e-store using your license key to skip verification.

I already tried logging in with my license key, but still asks me to verify email in order to disable auto-renew. Whatever I try to do, it just won't let me disable auto-renew!

While purchasing I was given the peace of mind that you can easily disable auto-renew, and after I made the purchase I'm now going through what seems to be a horror story for many Eset users who were unable to control a simple switch that we should all be entitled to disable since we already paid for that license.

More so, the fact that I have no access to edit my billing details or remove them is frightening to say the least!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Razvan said:

I already tried logging in with my license key, but still asks me to verify email in order to disable auto-renew. Whatever I try to do, it just won't let me disable auto-renew!

This is possible only after a 2FA verification or logging in with your license key. Please hold on, the appropriate team is checking it out. We'll keep you posted.

Thank you.

Another thing I noticed is that while purchasing via Eset.com website I was asked for my country and address, which I've set to Romania at checkout, yet the eStore now wrongly displays under contact details "United States of America", and my name/email/address are all empty?!

7 hours ago, Razvan said:

Another thing I noticed is that while purchasing via Eset.com website I was asked for my country and address, which I've set to Romania at checkout, yet the eStore now wrongly displays under contact details "United States of America",

Was payment made in $US? That would be one reason U.S. is shown since Eset N.A. handles all payments made in $US.

What is odd is all eStore details are shown in English. This would imply that somehow you purchased your Eset license from Eset N.A. eStore web site versus the Eset Romania eStore web site.

33 minutes ago, itman said:

This would imply that somehow you purchased your Eset license from Eset N.A. eStore web site versus the Eset Romania eStore web site

Yes, that is correct, and I paid in US$, because I couldn't pay via the Eset Romania store due to a checkout hanging error. I saw that the regular Eset store allowed picking Romania as the paying country, so I proceeded there without a problem.

Anyway, that should not be the reason why there is no verification link, no verification email, and why I'm unable to disable autorenew or edit billing details - simple things that should be straightforward!

All in all, I definitely wasn't expecting to encounter so many problems with a payment form, with the license dashboard & with the inaccessible billing details, all of which should have had the most solid implementations from a big company like Eset 😕 

Edited by Razvan

There is no Eset eStore for Romania from what I could see on the Eset support website, there are eStores for a short list of countries. I couldn't find any login form where I can login with my license ID or license key.

Edited by Razvan

I know that website, where I tried purchasing the first time, but there is no login form where I can put my license ID or key. It's just a store where you can purchase, not see license details or disable autorenewal :(

• Administrators
  • Solution

The Romanian distributor uses their own e-store which doesn't support auto renewal. In the future most of distributors and partners should migrate to the global e-store already used by ESET LLC.

As for the OP's issue, I've provided Razvan with a link to log in authenticated and he was able to turn off auto-renewal. We are still investigating why the verification link didn't show up after he logged to the e-store with his license key.

image.png