Does ESET Smart Security have slower performance than Internet Security

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I'm currently using ESET Internet Security and considering upgrading to Smart Security mainly because of the LiveGuard feature. I have read the documentation about LiveGuard and I am worried about Smart security having a worse performance than Internet security because the files that needs to be examined has to be uploaded to ESET LiveGuard so it can be analyzed. Can this be the case?

I would also like to ask what type of files are uploaded to ESET LiveGuard? I've read that it supports multiple files including documents.

Thank you for the answers, Márk

• Administrators
  • Solution

There is no difference between ESET products in terms of performance when comparing the same protection features. As for LiveGuard, access to suspicious downloaded files may be blocked for a couple of seconds or minutes upon download if you have LiveGuard set to temporarily block execution until the result of analysis is received, however, this is not what should be called a performance impact. Moreover, you can set up LiveGuard to allow execution immediately after download.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

There is no difference between ESET products in terms of performance when comparing the same protection features. As for LiveGuard, access to suspicious downloaded files may be blocked for a couple of seconds or minutes upon download if you have LiveGuard set to temporarily block execution until the result of analysis is received, however, this is not what should be called a performance impact. Moreover, you can set up LiveGuard to allow execution immediately after download.

Thank you so much, I will upgrade my protection! <3

Edited by markstitovits