Need to Reinstall Smart Security After Reformat

Hello-

I just bought Smart Security after a nasty virus trashed my PC. Now, even after removing the virus, I have damage to my OS and need to do a clean install.

How do I activate Smart Security after the reformat since it's going to show I already activated it?

Thanks,

Stephen

• Former ESET Employees

Hello Stephen,

If you have a valid ESET-issued Username and Password (which would have been emailed to you after you purchased your product, or after activating with your activation key), you can simply re-install ESET Smart Security, select Activate using a Username and Password in the Product Activation window, and then enter this Username/Password combination. Alternatively, you can click Activate Later, finish the installation, and then enter your Username and Password into the product after the fact.

• 4 months later...

Hello !

I had to format my PC.Now I have to re install Eset smart security.But I have lost username password.I cant even remember the email I used.But I have the account created to ESET anti theft. 

How can I re install ESET smart Security??

Thank you !

hash

It's one thing to forget a username or password ... but to not know the email address that you used to create your ESET account is somewhat incredible.

How many email addresses do you use?

Anyways ... assuming that you at least haven't forgot all of the email addresses that you use, go here and just keep putting in email addresses until you get a message saying the information has been sent to your email.

I use 3 email addresses, my wife has 5 or so ... we maintain a file that details what email and password is linked to each online service we use.

Those who fail to prepare, prepare to fail ...

It's one thing to forget a username or password ... but to not know the email address that you used to create your ESET account is somewhat incredible.

Anyways ... assuming that you at least haven't forgot all of the email addresses that you use, go here and just keep putting in email addresses until you get a message saying the information has been sent to your email.

I use 3 email addresses, my wife has 5 or so ... we maintain a file that details what email and password is linked to each online service we use.

He he, yeah, looking back now that did sound pretty lame. All I can say is that I was probably frustrated and a little panicked when I posted that because of the PC crash. I only use 2 email addressed for personal use.

This was all resolved some time ago.

Just curious, did you happen to notice that my post was almost 5 months ago before you replied? I guess we all do silly things from time to time! :D

Thanks!

did you happen to notice that my post was almost 5 months ago before you replied?

Hello,

I believe Destarah responded to the post by "hash" that was made yesterday : https://forum.eset.com/topic/3605-need-to-reinstall-smart-security-after-reformat/?p=26223

Yup razor7tech you're cool-no need to worry. If you want to unfollow this topic, once you are on the topic (and logged in), look to the top right-you should see a tab to unfollow (above reply to this topic). Also since you started this topic (in Nov 2014), you can mark it as solved-again log in and look to the bottom right on a text window. But as hash is now using your topic-you might want to wait as marking it solved will lock this topic.

Edited by TomFace

Yup razor7tech you're cool-no need to worry. If you want to unfollow this topic, once you are on the topic (and logged in), look to the top right-you should see a tab to unfollow (above reply to this topic). Also since you started this topic (in Nov 2014), you can mark it as solved-again log in and look to the bottom right on a text window. But as hash is now using your topic-you might want to wait as marking it solved will lock this topic.

Copy that. Makes sense.

Thanks!

But as hash is now using your topic-you might want to wait as marking it solved will lock this topic.

No it doesn't lock the topic. It just shows the best answer at the top.

So don't worry, choose the answer you like best (and answers your question/solves your problem) best and mark it as solved. :)

And if you want to praise some posts you can also do this by giving kudos...

post-3952-0-70614200-1424963543.png

Thanks rugk for the clarification about the "solved" button. I learn something new every day.

Edited by TomFace