I suggested this before...

rotaru

... but was never implemented.

When I hover my mouse over the ESET icon on taskbar I get "ESET NOD32 16.1.14.0" . This is useless info, whoever installed ESET on their computer knows already that icon is for ESET ; additionally the version is not something we can double-check easily so again , without value .

Wouldn't be more valuable something like "Last updated 53min ago"   ???

• Administrators

There are currently no plans to change what is displayed when you hover the mouse cursor over the ESET icon. Showing last update would not be useful enough since pico updates and LiveGrid data are downloaded every few minutes.

It would be more useful, and a minimum effort, to display Detection Engine version for example (just like in EIS, I think, or in old EAV versions)

• Administrators
1 minute ago, John999 said:

It would be more useful, and a minimum effort, to display Detection Engine version for example (just like in EIS, I think, or in old EAV versions)

The engine version used to be shown in the past, however, with the introduction of LiveGrid and pico updates the engine updates became less important which is why the product version is displayed in the tool tip in current versions. Needless to say that decisions about changes in gui are made after deep analysis in cooperation of several departments and it's not just a decision of a concrete person.