How to install apps to iPad

Hello,

I'm currently trying to set up my first iPad using ESET MDM and Apple Business Manager, i have the iPad showing in ABM, and I'm logged in on the iPad with a AMB managed account. I also have the iPad assigned to my ESET MDM server.

As a demo, I have "purchased" 100 BBC news licences, and I now need to know how to deploy the app onto the iPad,

I want to deploy the app over the air without having to connect the iPad to a Mac, I just want it to automatically install once the iPad completes set-up.

I've tried reading the ESET guides but I can't see anything to do with it in there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

Hello,

I am able to enrol the device, I used those instructions, but I just can't figure out how I actually send an app to the device?

Thanks,
Jake

• 2 months later...

You can follow these steps -- 

Unlock your iPad and go to the home screen. Look for the App Store icon, which is a blue icon with a white letter "A" on it. Tap on it to open the App Store.

Once you're in the App Store, you can either browse through the featured apps or use the search function to find a specific app. To search, tap on the magnifying glass icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.

In the search bar at the top of the screen, type the name of the app you want to install and tap on the "Search" button on the keyboard.

From the search results, tap on the app you want to install. This will open the app's page with details and screenshots.

On the app's page, you will see an "Install" button. If the app is free, the button will say "Get" instead. Tap on the "Install" or "Get" button.

If prompted, you may need to enter your Apple ID and password or use Touch ID/Face ID to authenticate the download. This is required to ensure that you have the authority to install apps on your iPad.

The app will start downloading, and you will see a progress circle on the app's icon. Once the download is complete, the icon will change to the app's logo.

Depending on your iPad's settings, the app may automatically be placed on your home screen, or it may be added to the App Library. To find the app, swipe left or right on the home screen to navigate between different pages of apps, or swipe down on the home screen and use the search bar at the top to search for the app by name.

i know how to install an app manually on an iPad, i was wanting to know how to do it via automatic deployment.

After speaking to ESET and apple support, ESET does not have this basic feature, and thus we have had to go with ScaleFusion MDM instead.