ESET vs Ransomware

I was trying to see how good is eset against ransomware but all the videos said it is not that good though they are from 2021. So can eset premium take care of ransomware in 2023?

• Administrators

No security solution detects 100% of all threats with zero false positives. ESET is very good at malware detection no matter whether it's ransomware or other threats. You can refer to MGR Effitas tests which tests AVs against ransomware too: https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/MRG_Effitas_360_Q4_2022.pdf

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

No security solution detects 100% of all threats with zero false positives. ESET is very good at malware detection no matter whether it's ransomware or other threats. You can refer to MGR Effitas tests which tests AVs against ransomware too: https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/MRG_Effitas_360_Q4_2022.pdf

My internet security was not on the list😔 i guess i have to used endpoint security??

37 minutes ago, el el amiril said:

My internet security was not on the list😔 i guess i have to used endpoint security??

Eset consumer products have the same protection mechanisms as its Endpoint Products. That is;

1. NOD32 is equivalent to EEA.

2. Internet Security is equivalent to EES.

3. Smart Security Premium is  equivalent to EES + EDTD.

1 hour ago, rotaru said:

But so did Microsoft Defender , the free native antivirus provided by Microsoft.

It didn't perform well in the Exploit/Fileless malware category. It also failed to get certified in the PUA/Adware and Online Banking categories.Eset_MRG.thumb.png.0f7d3eaf04d6f56b3430e84015d82203.png

Finally, note the version of MD tested was not the free Home version of MD, but 

Microsoft Defender ATP endpoint detection and response capabilities including ASR rules were turned on

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

It didn't perform well in the Exploit/Fileless malware category

Yes, but the subject at hand was "anti ransomware" protection. Yet, Defender performed at parity with Avira , Symantec and better than Trend Micro.

For a free protection is not bad and is sufficient for 99% of users, especially if you use a "Windows Defender Configurator"

ESET should take part in this ransomware specific test to please some more customers, I think. ESET takes part in many tests but not this one which I find odd especially because many people have some doubts over ESET's ransomware protection capabilities (including myself).

https://www.av-test.org/en/news/security-software-against-the-latest-ransomware-techniques/