In Network inspector (ESET home), shoud I set our Xfinity Network to "trusted"?

In Network inspector (ESET home), shoud I set our Xfinity Network to "trusted"?  I want the best way to protect against outside hackers.

Edited by tennis101
clarify further

Meaning, for our home (Xfinity is our provider) network, set that to "trusted" in ESET?  Does that also mean to set the network in Xfinity to "private".  There are 2 settings, one for the network, and one in ESET (related to the Xfinity) network.  This is just way confusing.  

Tennis101 - In an effort to explain a bit better (also a US xfinity customer).

I suspect you have rented equipment from Xfinity for your home network. This would be the "box" your cable connects to, it possibly also supply's your WiFi home network. If this is true for your setup, its essentially is your local "network". ESET wisely assumes a public nature (absolute max security) to all "new" networks.

I think (my opinion) you have two ways to configure. You could set the "network" (as outlined above) as trusted or leave it "public" these determine the  level of "trust" at the local level for your firewall. 

You can still use the "network inspector" while configured at a "public" trust level by clicking continue at the warning. Just please be sure to only do this on your own home system.

I hope this helps clear up some confusion for you - ebill