ESET NOD32 7.0.325.1 Installation Mysteries

RNFolsom

I have installed ESET NOD32 7.0.325.1 on my 64-bit Windows 7 sp1 laptop (and I hope to install it also onto my wife's 64-bit Windows 7 sp1 laptop), but at the installation location (C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus) there are two mysteries:

1) A Mozilla Thunderbird folder, even though my email (and browser) is Mozilla SeaMonkey,

and

2) An x86 folder, even though my computers are 64-bit.

The details of those two mysteries --- and the questions I am asking about them --- are in an ESET forum, ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0.317 has been released, post #38, at

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2493-eset-nod32-antivirus-70317-has-been-released/page-2

For the past few days I have been revising and revising that post, but no one has replied.  So I am posting this here in hopes that someone looks at my post #38 and supplies me with some answers.

Hopefully, R.N. (Roger) Folsom

Edited by RNFolsom

• Administrators

1, V7 still supported older versions of Thunderbird. The existence of the folder has nothing to do with what applications you have installed.

2, The x86 folder contains 32-bit files that are needed on x64 systems.

Marcos:

2, The x86 folder contains 32-bit files that are needed on x64 systems.

Thanks.  Understood.

1, V7 still supported older versions of Thunderbird. The existence of the folder has nothing to do with what applications you have installed.

Does that mean I can delete that Mozilla Thunderbird folder?

R.N. (Roger) Folsom

@RNFolsom

Please stick to your already opend topic.

Sorry for the delay, but I have just replied.

Here you can find my full post, with detailed explanations:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2493-eset-nod32-antivirus-70317-has-been-released/?p=20872

Edited by rugk