German Test Eset Internet Security

annegretchen

• Administrators

Please be more specific as to what German tests you are referring to. A reputable test must be done with actual malware samples that are not corrupt and work. The test set must not contain corrupted, clean, grey or PUA/PUsA samples if the test is focused on malware. Also the testing methodology must be valid. Vendors receive missed samples so that they can test them and possibly dispute the results which is nothing unusual when we prove certain samples to have been incorrectly included in the test set. I don't remember any prestigious German tests that ESET has participated in and did not have objections against the methodology.

I followed the test results in various magazines, at the end a link to a current article in Computerbild, Germany's largest computer magazine. Here Eset is second to last. Incomprehensible to me

That doesn't change the fact that Eset does badly, I've been following the AV tests for a few years and Eset doesn't always do well there either, there must be a reason. In my opinion, money will be paid by the AV manufacturers for placements and Eset will not pay that much. In any case, Eset is the most user-friendly and secure AV software for me, I just wanted to emphasize that again.

As already mentioned, I have been using Eset for many years and am very satisfied. Malware is immediately detected and eliminated. I have been following antivirus tests in the German media for several years and my experience is that Eset is hardly mentioned, or if it is, then only with a mediocre rating. Unfortunately, today it is common in various fields that financial support determines the test results, but that is my personal opinion. For me, Eset is and will always be number 1.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, Marcos said:

Have you been infected by malware repeatedly while using ESET?

This is a poor argument in defending ESET.

I have been using Windows Defender since the inception of Win 10 and I never been infected...

So what???

ESET performs well , above 98% in AV Comparatives but always bellow Windows Defender.

July-Oct2022     ESET 98.9%  Defender 99.5%

Sep 2022           ESET 99.91%   Defender 99.99%

March 2022       ESET  99.77%     Defender 99.96%

As a personal opinion , Defender is superior to ESET, especially is configured with "ConfigureDefender" to "High"

9 minutes ago, itman said:

The OP provided confusing info: "When I looked in the Windows Defender history, I tried to delete those files 

You cannot delete files from Defender history.

In fact nobody knows what exactly happened.....

• Administrators

Since this topic has turned into bashing and ranting by arguing that a competitive AV detected a few more samples out of a bigger set (keep in mind there are dozens of thousands of unique new threat emerging on a daily basis) while ignoring other fact, we'll draw this topic to a close.

• Marcos locked this topic