I have been using ESET SMART SECURITY from a long time, guess what like in 1 or two weeks before I got updated to 16.0.26.0. 

I became so happy by its new tech and the firewall setup. Guess what after a reboot the whole network got blocked, I can't do anything. I have tried everything for a couple of days, then last week I uninstalled ESET just to check if it works normal if I do a cleen sweep.

Anyway it worked for a couple of hours and after the reboot BOOM again.

I'm running on Windows 8.1

And this issue is really ruining my time and peaceful life... 🥺

Somebody help me. Even if turn of the firewall or whole protection, it's just the same issue.

• Marcos changed the title to Network issues
  • Administrators

If pausing the firewall doesn't make any difference, it should not be caused by ESET. Did you try temporarily uninstalling ESET completely to see if the issue goes away? If so, does it return after installing ESET with default settings?

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

If pausing the firewall doesn't make any difference, it should not be caused by ESET. Did you try temporarily uninstalling ESET completely to see if the issue goes away? If so, does it return after installing ESET with default settings?

Yes, I did uninstall it sir and worked like a charm.

So I thought it would be some bug and installed the eset again, and there it goes 😔.

I don't know what to do, somebody help me. 

((disabling firewall doesn't work, it still blocks. And  when Uninstalled, NETWORK RUNS)) and it only happened when I updated to 16.0.26.0. please help, my laptop is being a paperweight because of this issue by ESET 🥺

Edited by Sarath Praveen
Added few words to describe easier

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).

I see similar thing  happening on windows 10 and Firefox. lately if I try to login to yahoo mail it blocks it, I have to close the browser and relaunch, disabling protection making work flawlessly.

Edited by URBAN0

• Administrators
5 hours ago, URBAN0 said:

I see similar thing  happening on windows 10 and Firefox. lately if I try to login to yahoo mail it blocks it, I have to close the browser and relaunch, disabling protection making work flawlessly.

Does the problem persist after uninstalling the current version and installing v16.1.13 from https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/ using default settings?

35 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does the problem persist after uninstalling the current version and installing v16.1.13 from https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/ using default settings?

Installed the 16.1.13.0 over the old 16.20 using the download link you provided and so far works much smoother. Normally trying to login to yahoo mail would block me  so I would have to close and reopen Firefox. Even then, once I would log out of yahoo mail, normally that should take me to Rogers/Yahoo news, but I end up with blank page and now with new 16.1.13.0 it opens up the news page. Overall seem a slightly  snappier going through web pages.

When this will be final release?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...