Users are able to stop scans even though policy blocks it

Hi,

We are currently managing 500+ devices, in the past we would sent out emails to make sure they do a weekly in-depth scan. This is not workable since most users would ignore our message.

I have recently setup a policy that every device has to do a weekly in-depth scan, all devices have ESET version 10+, i have checked the mark that users are not able to cancel and pause the scan.

I created a report that gets sent to me weekly of users interrupting the scans, every week there is always a few people able to cancel it.

When i check the policy on the computer's tab in ESET management, i can see that the policy is applied, actual and ESET version is 10+.

How is it possible that users are still able to cancel? Meanwhile i as administrator am unable to cancel/pause, even with Admin rights on the device.

Kind regards,

Ming

Edited by Ming Chou
edit

• Administrators

I was unable to reproduce it, the button to stop the scan was greyed out:

image.png

Please raise a support ticket for further investigation.

image.png

This is the policy i created and applied from the ESET management tool. Does it take awhile for the policy to actually sync?

Where can i raise a ticket?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ming Chou said:

This is the policy i created and applied from the ESET management tool. Does it take awhile for the policy to actually sync?

Before you proceed to raising a support ticket, please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector for a check. If I don't find anything wrong then raise a ticket please.

1 hour ago, Ming Chou said:

Where can i raise a ticket?

There is a link to a support wizard at the bottom of https://support.eset.com/en. If you can't find an answer question, it will provide a support contact form.