How do I disable automatic updates spawned by Mobile Security

Go to solution Solved by ToddAndMargo,

Android

ESET Mobile Security 8.0.30.0.0

HI All,

One of the recent ESET updates forced my Android to start updating everything on my tablet automatically.  It is creating a YUGE mess to the point that my tablet is unusable at the worst possible moments..

Before I tear out ESET, is there a way to turn off this feature?

Many Thanks,

-T

P.S. I prefer to do my updates manually

• Administrators

I doubt that it's cause by ESET. Mobile Security checks for updates once a day and an update takes only a few seconds at maximum.

• Most Valued Members

As far as I know east mobile shouldn't effect how other programs are updated. I'd advise posting some screenshots to clarify the issue 

• Marcos changed the title to How do I disable automatic updates spawned by Mobile Security
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Figured it out.

For evidence that ESET mobile Security is causing these other updates, go to  ESET Mobile security, Feature, Security Report. Look for "Apps Updates".  ESET will brag about all the updates it pushed through.

Screenshot_2023-04-03_19-25-45.png

To disable this annoyance, go to  ESET Mobile security, Antivirus, and disable both "On Charger Scan" and "Scheduled Scan".  AND REMEMBER you have to do you own scans after that.

Screenshot_2023-04-03_19-29-18.png

Editorial comment: whether or not to update your apps should be the user's choice, not ESET's.  The tablet is NOT ESET's property.

• Administrators

The apps were not updated by ESET. The numbers show the statistics for the last month and "Apps updated" tells you how many applications have been updated either manually by clicking Update in Google Play store or automatically.

The updates stopped, but he scanning did not.  When the device can not be operated, the scan reports pegs the time scan of   some area to the time of the lock up.  "On Charger Scan" and "Scheduled Scan" after definitely off.  But that does not stop them from scanning.

• Administrators

Do you mean that ESET Mobile Security continues to scan files and apps even with real-time protection disabled? Ie. when the protection status is red?