SysRescue window timeout

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Started an in-depth scan of one of my machines yesterday at about 1pm local. Left it running.

Came back in today to find a status message that said it completed the scan at 11:33pm, found three infections, quarantined nothing, cleaned nothing and that the dialog had timed out due to inactivity. 

The only log file is from the previous scan, which was aborted by user. There are no logs that show the infected items. There is nothing in quarantine.

There is, from what I can see, no record anywhere of what it found.

Furthermore, why is there a timeout at all on dialogs? Why can I not disable that? Does ESET really think I (or anyone else) is going to watch a ten and a half-hour long scan just to be there for the default timeout on the dialogs?

SysRescue basically just wasted 10 hours.

Disable power management by default.

Even if I came in and found that it hadn't fully progressed through the scan because it was waiting on my input, at least I'd have learned something.

• Administrators
  • Solution

Unfortunately SysRescue is based on the legacy product ESET NOD32 for Linux desktop. Its full supported ended in 2020 so it's not being developed any more and SysRescue is going to be removed this year as well and will remain available only on request, e.g. to clean rootkits.

However, you can set cleaning mode to strict cleaning so that all files and archives are cleaned automatically:

image.png