ESET delete file even if I the threat

kapi9913

Hi guys. Im trying to make a policy that dont instantly delete suspicious file. Everything works, eset ask me to ignore the threat or delete file but even if I ignore the threat file is instantly deleted.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-09 071634.png

Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-09 072006.png

• Administrators

Could you please elaborate more on why you want give end users the right to decide if a detected file should be kept or deleted? Are they knowledgeable enough to make the right decision when it comes to malware detection and cleaning?

However, even then there would be a risk that malware could run if the machine is unattended and no user is logged in.

If you decide to disable automatic cleaning, you can do so seaparately for each protection module (realt-time protection, on-demand scan profiles, startup scans, web access and email protection, etc.)

image.png

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you please elaborate more on why you want give end users the right to decide if a detected file should be kept or deleted? Are they knowledgeable enough to make the right decision when it comes to malware detection and cleaning?

However, even then there would be a risk that malware could run if the machine is unattended and no user is logged in.

If you decide to disable automatic cleaning, you can do so seaparately for each protection module (realt-time protection, on-demand scan profiles, startup scans, web access and email protection, etc.)

image.png

If someone said something earlier than you , we say your life is longer than mine , so it's that way Marcos :)

I wanted to actually say the same ,

Are the endpoint users with enough knowledge to decide if it's really a threat or a false positive?, It is not recommended to do so because it is in purpose they are not working in I.T department, so they shouldn't have this decision.