ESET blocks file downloads - no way to turn off

So is Mortal raptors problem, and zfactor's problem not the same ? As mortal complained when he used EAV IIRC and afaik this driver is not used in NOD32 right ?

Anyway, it's good that you keep investigate so we finally can get zfactors problem solved even if the problem is not in the product itself, it should be able to be fixed by ESET or MS eventually, depending on what the investigation shows.

• Administrators

So is Mortal raptors problem, and zfactor's problem not the same ? As mortal complained when he used EAV IIRC and afaik this driver is not used in NOD32 right ?

It seems so. Zfactor didn't have any issue with EAV while Mortal raptor had been using EAV. I've asked to ESS on Windows XP as the standard ndis driver is used there, not the new lighweight filter that wasn't supported in older OS.

It seems so. Zfactor didn't have any issue with EAV while Mortal raptor had been using EAV. I've asked to ESS on Windows XP as the standard ndis driver is used there, not the new lighweight filter that wasn't supported in older OS.

Mhm what a shame....for Mortal I mean. I don't think his issue will ever be fixed if that is the case, sadly I don't think he have enough patience to work it out together with you, at least he doesn't show much interest in doing that. Instead he seem to hope for the issue to go away by itself eventually in some future version, which I doubt it will. I have told him so many times what he should do so I won't bother responding to his comments about this particular issue again, it is what it is.

Well, he's using Avira now, and have bought a Norton license (again) so I guess he stays happy for a while.  :)

@Marcos

But why are you writing this in this topic... :wacko:

If I'm right the issue you're talking about was an issue about this was an issue about video stuttering or something similar. Unfortunately I cannot find the original topic now.

However I can imagine to what you are referring...

[they] often cite Eset's performance as being an issue

No, no, I think he doesn't mean "they say ESET has performance issues"1, but "ESET has a good performance - that's an issue". Maybe they explain this in such disputable ways as "they scan very fast, so they scan cursorily..." - or maybe they say other reasons - but this doesn't matter now.

Fact is that nobody talked about any performance issues in this topic. This topic is about a file detection (issue).

1 And even this wouldn't mean they they talk about network performance issues. Performance issues could be... anything - okay, maybe not anything, but at least very different, because many things can "perform" more or less well...

Edited by rugk