autodiscover.365e.live blocked by NOD32

Every time an Office app (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) is started, Eset NOD32 shows a popup saying it has blocked access to autodiscover.365e.live site.
I've made scannig also with other antivirus without finding any malware or suspicious file.
Is it a false positive or a legid warning?
Thank you

• Administrators

The domains are for sale but that's not the only reason for blocking. We'll keep the block as we don't see any good reason to remove it.

image.png

image.png

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, OnSite said:

Every time an Office app (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) is started, Eset NOD32 shows a popup saying it has blocked access to autodiscover.365e.live site.
I've made scannig also with other antivirus without finding any malware or suspicious file.
Is it a false positive or a legid warning?
Thank you

Several companies have it as Malicious as per VT scan :

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/a8f8b7141634a4b58fd47c3669a6c306c10c384bb0fc175d53d3773a74c5921a?nocache=1

Are you using a crack on your Office program? , it could be that

Also accessing the link will be blocked by uBlock Origin as it contains ad/trackers inside etc..

So ESET's block isn't false.

Edited by Nightowl

1 hour ago, Nightowl said:

Several companies have it as Malicious as per VT scan :

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/a8f8b7141634a4b58fd47c3669a6c306c10c384bb0fc175d53d3773a74c5921a?nocache=1

Are you using a crack on your Office program? , it could be that

Also accessing the link will be blocked by uBlock Origin as it contains ad/trackers inside etc..

So ESET's block isn't false.

No. I'm using a legid, licensed copy of Microsoft Office 365.
And for that reason I find this thing strange and that I have done scans with various antivirus looking for some malware, without finding anything.

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, OnSite said:

No. I'm using a legid, licensed copy of Microsoft Office 365.
And for that reason I find this thing strange and that I have done scans with various antivirus looking for some malware, without finding anything.

It's weird , I thought it might be a crack that is trying to communicate with a weird website like this one here.

Assuming you have scanned your computer and no threat is detected , and assuming that this domain wasn't bought by Microsoft suddenly , I believe there is something wrong that 365 is trying to communicate there

Doing a whois search to Microsoft.com will show you that the domain is registered to Microsoft

Doing a whois to the domain 365e.live shows it's privacy hidden and registered by different registrar and doesn't belong to Microsoft.