Running a batch file via Run command task

HI

We need your support through ESET Command we deployed VPN Cetrifiacte to the user directory but it is not working I am using the batch file from ESET Console management  can you please help me how to use

image.thumb.png.0ce0c536f3968fee84087145bd92ce4c.png

• Administrators

The command is run in the local system account so please try executing it via "psexec /s call ... \script.bat" and see if it runs well.

• Marcos changed the title to Running a batch file via Run command task
  • Administrators

You have misunderstood me. Please run psexec locally on the machine where you want the script to run. Do not run it via Run command.

Hi Marcos

Are you confused when I run the local system this batch file is working fine but through ESET console command is not working and task is showing successfully but client side not impact

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Saifuddinit said:

Are you confused when I run the local system this batch file is working fine but through ESET console command is not working and task is showing successfully but client side not impact

Did you run "psexec /s call ... \script.bat" locally on the machine?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Saifuddinit said:

Locally this command not wokring

Most likely the problem is that the local system account does not have permissions for the remote share. If psexec doesn't run the script locally, it won't work via the Run command task either.

Hello Marcos

But How come if Make a batch file when I click that file it is working fine so this task also should work right and if there user permission issue then this batch file also not work

Edited by Saifuddinit

• Administrators

You must use psexec /s to simulate execution by a Run command task which is executed in the local system account and not under the current user which happens when you run the batch file without using psexec.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Saifuddinit said:

if i will keep batch file not network I just test purpose i did same system i have follow process but even not working as below link https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/80/en-US/client_tasks_run_command.html

You must first make it work locally with "psexec /s" to make sure the batch file runs alright under the local system account without being triggered by ESET.

Sharing the share for the computer should make it work, e.g. according to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/793838/system-account-can-access-shares-without-explicit