Screen Reader corruption

My S.O. uses a screen reader to navigate her computer use. When she used the internet, anything she typed was changed by ESET and made it impossible to proceed, as she is visually impaired and cannot see what she is typing, she relied on her screen reader to tell her what the character was. In actuality she typed for example "CCCCC" and it reported that what she has typed was "bd#s.u". When this was reviewed by her tech support it was learned that it doesn't matter what the screen reader was or what the internet provider was - only that ESET was the Internet Security program. Removing ESET from her PC and installing Windows Defense cleared up the problem. How do we get reimbursed for the ESET that was corrupting her ability to use the internet that is paid through 25 Feb 2024?

• ESET Staff
On 2/16/2023 at 6:50 PM, Craigb57 said:

My S.O. uses a screen reader to navigate her computer use. When she used the internet, anything she typed was changed by ESET and made it impossible to proceed, as she is visually impaired and cannot see what she is typing, she relied on her screen reader to tell her what the character was. In actuality she typed for example "CCCCC" and it reported that what she has typed was "bd#s.u". When this was reviewed by her tech support it was learned that it doesn't matter what the screen reader was or what the internet provider was - only that ESET was the Internet Security program. Removing ESET from her PC and installing Windows Defense cleared up the problem. How do we get reimbursed for the ESET that was corrupting her ability to use the internet that is paid through 25 Feb 2024?

As Marcos suggest, disabling Keyboard protection should fix the issue.

Can you tell us, which screen reader has the problem you described? Application name, or link to their webpage

Thanks and sorry for this situation

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff
43 minutes ago, Craigb57 said:

My wife uses JAWs from Freedom Scientific.

Thanks for info, we're working on fix. Since then, disabling keyboard protection as marcos suggested should help.

15 hours ago, constexpr said:

Thanks for info, we're working on fix. Since then, disabling keyboard protection as marcos suggested should help.

Would you please also look at this thread where I mentioned a keyboard app that doesn't work with ESET unless keyboard protection/secure browser is disabled. Can you work for a fix for this app also? 

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Staff
On 3/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, Craigb57 said:

My wife uses JAWs from Freedom Scientific.

Just want to let you know that the issue is fixed and keyboard protection now works also with JAWS screen reader

On 3/4/2023 at 1:19 PM, SeriousHoax said:

Would you please also look at this thread where I mentioned a keyboard app that doesn't work with ESET unless keyboard protection/secure browser is disabled. Can you work for a fix for this app also? 

We still have open your issue with Avro Keyboard at Secured browser, fix will be part of another bigger update.

Edited by constexpr

6 hours ago, constexpr said:

We still have open your issue with Avro Keyboard at Secured browser, fix will be part of another bigger update.

Thank you very much for the response, and really pleased to know that the issue will get fixed in a future update.