EES 10.0.2045.0 - guerilla prerelease version?

zhladik

I got an automatic program update from 10.0.2034.0 to 10.0.2045.0 (I found that I configured the prerelease version update channel). But - after installation, it shows the link to the info page with old release notes of 10.0.2034.0. And nowhere on the web and this forum is info about this release. I think pushing any version without info is very bad idea, even for prerelease channel versions. Please push developers to publish pre-release info BEFORE enabling installation next time and post actual version info here...

Even on testing PC is nice to know what changed and what to check for .

Bad feelings is magnified by the publish date collision with MS patch Tuesday.., I was afraid of the quick hotfix of MS compatibility problems.

• Administrators

Version 10.0.2045 is scheduled for release on February 21 with auto updates to be fully released until March 23.

Below is a preliminary changelog:

FIXED: Product reports incorrect version number when manual installation is executed, and Auto-update is pending.

FIXED: Device Control not blocking particular disk storage model from Western Digital®.

FIXED: Offline license file product activation in specific scenarios.

FIXED: Missing configuration section of Document protection after otherwise successful Auto-update.

FIXED: Attaching data to technical support report from SysInspector.

FIXED: Updating modules from Removable media storage.

FIXED: Minor typos and localization fixes.

FIXED: Incorrect order of attachments scanning if message contains related attachments.

IMPROVED: Miscellaneous fixes in Graphical user interface after redesign.

IMPROVED: Improve stability and compatibility of Email client protection for MS Outlook.

• Administrators

Unfortunately I have no clue what GUI crashes you are referring to. Should gui crash, please provide an application crash dump from the crash.

Thank you for quick answer. Yet one question: Can you please publish URL for downloading of this version installation package? May be also other older version download possibilities will be usable.

• Administrators

The installers will be published on the date of release, they are not available in repositories yet.

These older installers are available via ESET PROTECT when creating an installer:

image.png

Thanks for info.

I looked for proper ulr's for on filed download and BTW I discovered the existence of a Full Package (4x bigger than normal one - nt64_full.msi  vs nt64.msi).  

This can be usable on an infected PC disconnected from the Internet (?)

Script for download on field on customer site with wget:

:: download actual EES from repo
set Act_EES10_Version=10.0.2034.0

set Act_EES10_FName_32=ees_nt32_%Act_EES10_Version%.msi
set Act_EES10_FName_64=ees_nt64_%Act_EES10_Version%.msi

wget -Sc -O %Act_EES10_FName_32% https://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/v10/%Act_EES10_Version%/ees_nt32.msi
wget -Sc -O %Act_EES10_FName_64% https://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/v10/%Act_EES10_Version%/ees_nt64.msi

:: full version with all modules from date of release - for offline emergency usage (200MB vs 50MB - no modules)

set Act_EES10_FName_32=%Act_EES10_FName_32:.msi=_full.msi%
set Act_EES10_FName_64=%Act_EES10_FName_64:.msi=_full.msi%

wget -Sc -O %Act_EES10_FName_32% https://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/v10/%Act_EES10_Version%/ees_nt32_full.msi
wget -Sc -O %Act_EES10_FName_64% https://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/v10/%Act_EES10_Version%/ees_nt64_full.msi

:: extracted from

• Administrators
12 hours ago, zhladik said:

This can be usable on an infected PC disconnected from the Internet (?)

This is possible, however, the engine and other modules will be outdated at the time you download the installer so update from the Internet will be needed anyways in order to detect latest threats. I'd suggest isolating the infected PC from other machines in LAN, updating the modules and running a full disk scan. If there is sensitive data on the machine, turn off the machine immediately until you are ready to boot from a clean medium (e.g. ESET SysRescue) and run a full disk scan to clean the malware first. Remember to regularly back up important data so that you could restore files in case of damage (e.g. encryption) or data loss.