egui.exe & update notifications

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I use internet security ( I used to have an outdated version up until yesterday) , when suddenly the program disappeared from my pc. That was weird enough, I had to download it again, installed, etc. Grabbed my license key, and activated the product again. 

This time, it is the latest version of the program, 16.0.26.0.  Although, I noticed that this one doesn't have any notification for updates. Is that normal in this version, or is that something odd? The old version, a notification popped up every time it updated, now it is silent. And also, some of the module version dates seem a bit odd. I never checked these before, I do not know if this is normal or not. 

When I click to view all module versions, some is from 2022 january. The installer I downloaded was from the authentic website, is this normal? 

Also, shouldn't there be a problem for me activating the same key I did activated back when I purchased it? It is the same computer, but I don't know, seems a bit weird to me.

Also, egui.exe does not always run in the processes ? I see eguiProxy.exe and eOppFrame.exe and ekrn.exe always running, but egui.exe only run if  I open up the gui. If I open up, it pops up among the processes, if I close it, it disappears.

Is that normal, or am I going paranoid? 

The scan did not find any viruses on my computer.

Edited by Corvinus
I added something I forgot.

• Administrators

Update notifications are disabled by default, you can enable them here:

image.png

image.png

As for egui.exe, it doesn't run unless you click the icon to open the GUI. You should see eguiproxy.exe among running processes if GUI is not active.

For an overview of devices that run ESET activated with your license key, sign up for ESET HOME (https://home.eset.com) and add your license key to the License manager where you can control it and deactivate it on particular devices.

53 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Update notifications are disabled by default, you can enable them here:

image.png

image.png

As for egui.exe, it doesn't run unless you click the icon to open the GUI. You should see eguiproxy.exe among running processes if GUI is not active.

For an overview of devices that run ESET activated with your license key, sign up for ESET HOME (https://home.eset.com) and add your license key to the License manager where you can control it and deactivate it on particular devices.

Thank you. One last thing, when I look at the module versions, is this correct or is there an updating issue with my software? Some seems pretty old, from 2022.

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Most Valued Members
On 2/15/2023 at 3:03 PM, Marcos said:

I have sorted mine from oldest to newest. Many modules are from 2022 simply because there was no need to fix critical issues and update them:

image.png

Would it be worth having a page somewhere with the latest normal and pre release modules. I've seen this come up a few times so at least this way people could see which versions they had and if they where the latest. Would possibly be a way to identify borked installations 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, peteyt said:

Would it be worth having a page somewhere with the latest normal and pre release modules. I've seen this come up a few times so at least this way people could see which versions they had and if they where the latest. Would possibly be a way to identify borked installations 

There are no such plans currently. Moreover, modules on the release update channel may change during the day forth and back within minutes when a module is released in a relatively smaller batch. If the engine is up to date, then also the other modules must be. If there was a problem updating the engine, other modules might not be updated either (if the engine was quite old). However, such issues would be signalized by errors in the Event log.