ESET Protect 10 support for Ubuntu 22.04

We have been running our ESET Protect Management Console 10 on our Ubuntu server 20.04 without issue until recently when we updated the Ubuntu version to 22.04.

After removing the openssl version 1.1 (Ubuntu 22.04 ships with openssl 3.0) we discovered that the database connection needed for ESET Protect does not work anymore and we are getting the following output:

2023-02-14 11:03:10 Error: CDatabaseModule [Thread 7f0a1856dc40]: Probing database connection failed. Next connection attempt will be in 10 seconds. 11 more attempts will be made. The database access layer reported: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc8w.so' : file not found (0)

After reading the installation instructions for ESET Protect and noticing that the recommended database connector version is the one from Ubuntu 19.04, I was wondering if the Ubuntu 22.04 version here is supported, and if not, when is it going to get support?

We have reverted for now to openssl 1.1, but obviously that is not a fix that we wanna keep for long.

• Administrators

Please refer to https://help.eset.com/protect_install/10.0/en-US/?database_requirements.html regarding supported versions of the MySQL ODBC connector.

MySQL ODBC driver versions:

• 5.1, 5.2
  • 5.3.0-5.3.10
  •  
  • 8.0.16, 8.0.17
  • 8.0.27, 8.0.31 (Windows only)

The following MySQL ODBC driver versions are not supported:

• 5.3.11 and later 5.3.x
  • 8.0.0-8.0.15
  • 8.0.18 and later

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, but I already stated that I know what versions of the MySQL ODBC are supported and was asking if there is any plan or ETA to support a newer version.

This is extra important as the supported version contains a vulnerability https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-24407 .

Thanks in advance!