Reviews ESET Cyber Security Pro version 6.0.14?

• ESET Insiders

Hi all,

I'm still on version 5.0.115.0 Mac Pro 5.1 (2012) running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5. How are you reviewing the latest version 6.0.14?. Have noticed topics about CPU usage and slow shutdown. Are all recent issues ,firewall entries & crashes fixed in the new version? Thanks in advance for your input! Cheers

• Most Valued Members

Hi all,

I'm still on version 5.0.115.0 Mac Pro 5.1 (2012) running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5. How are you reviewing the latest version 6.0.14?. Have noticed topics about CPU usage and slow shutdown. Are all recent issues ,firewall entries & crashes fixed in the new version? Thanks in advance for your input! Cheers

Hello,

I often update this topic if you need to see anything that I've discovered or experienced and has been resolved by ESET: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2286-ideas-feedback-for-cyber-security-and-cyber-security-pro/

In terms of what you've mentioned:

• CPU usage only rises during update, however it doesn't seem to impact performance in any way whilst using my Mac (it's why I never knew about this until someone recently made a topic for it);
  • Slow/delayed shutdown (topic link) does occur with ECS or ECSP installed, however because it's only a problem when shutting down it isn't too much of a problem during use of your Mac;
  • Parental Controls (and in-browser messages) (topic link) have been fixed as of 6.0.14.0;
  • It is now Yosemite compatible (topic link); and
  • Internet browsing (topic link) seems like it's fixed for some (me included) but not for others apparently. (Edit: Still experiencing this issue)

In summary, version 6.0.14.0 is okay to use and you shouldn't really have any major problems.

(Edit: You'll need to try it for yourself and see what problems you have - you can also go back to version 5 if necessary.)

Edited by planet