ESET Endpoint Security causing duplication of emails and sync conflicts in Outlook

Merv
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

WE have ESET on our Windows server and all our laptops and tablets. Lately Outlook has been duplicating emails and creating conflicts on these duplicated emails. We cleaned up the duplications (and conflicts), and in doing our process of elimination to find the cause we noticed that it was ESET on the server that was causing the issue. We remove ESET and replaced it with another program and there were no more conflicts. We then reinstalled ESET (which is our preferred choice of product) and the conflicts have returned.

• Administrators

The conflicts occur because ESET writes some information to scanned messages. If a message is accessed from 2 computers for instance and one is running ESET which scans the message, this will create 2 different versions of the message and a conflict will occur. As of Endpoint 6.1, no information will be written to scanned messages.

To mitigate the issue, you may want to enable the option "Enable resolution of Microsoft Outlook synchronization issues" in the policy you use and set the value to 51. To navigate to the setting, press ctrl+f in the Configuration editor and enter

\\1000105\1000800\OutlookSyncIssuesFix

Marcos,

Thanks for that, appreciated. I've sent this message to our external IT guys for their action, trust that it will resolve the issue.

Do you have any idea when Endpoint 6.1 will be available?

• Administrators
  • Solution

It will be announced via offcial channels as well as on this forum when it's ready. It will be a completely revamped Endpoint with a brand new gui, new features, ESET Remote Administrator and a license management system.

• 2 weeks later...

To clean up duplicate emails in Outlook it would be more convenient to use professional Outlook Duplicate remover software. Benefits of using professional email duplicate remover are its accuracy and complete assurance of no data loss during email removing process. Here I would like to suggest software named as Stellar Phoenix Outlook Duplicate Remover software for assured results.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but the following may be a possible workaround. I'm not sure as I was not able to test this myself.

- go to advanced settings (or just open ESET and hit F5)
- go to Web and email
- go to Email client protection
- go to Alerts and notifications

Change "Append tag messages..." (the first option) to "Never".

Please let me know if this works.

This seems to be related to:

Email message in Outlook changed to draft by ESET