Eset Inspect

hi guys

My private network does not have internet and I intend to install or eset inspect, can the license be offline or does it require an online license?

• Administrators

This is not possible since many rules leverage data from ESET LiveGrid. Isn't it possible to have a machine with Internet connectivity and HTTP Proxy / ESET Bridge installed with limited connectivity only to ESET servers?

The ESET server is not directly connected to the Internet. It is connected through a proxy and the clients are connected to the eset server through the policy in the proxy.

But they are not activated and the eset inspector offline license fails.

• Administrators

If machines are connected to the Internet through an HTTP proxy, send a product activation task online, not via a license file.

If you don't use ESET HTTP proxy, make sure that the communication with ESET's servers is allowed as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb332 so that clients can activate the EI connector via the proxy.

I have submitted a license offline in the business account environment. The license is sent but fails. Where is the problem?

It should be mentioned that it is enabled on security versions of version 9.1 and fails on versions of version 10.

• Administrators

Please open a support ticket for further investigation. However, if a machine has Internet access (e.g. via a proxy) offline license files cannot be used or they will trigger a warning in EBA. Offline license files are intended only for activation in completely offline environments but using EEI in such environment doesn't make sense.