Forum Feedback

dwomack

What is the level of ESET involvement in this forum? Do ESET technical staff monitor these forums in order to assist customers having difficulty with the product?

Yes they monitor the forum. You can see all ESET moderators listed here. Their posts are marked with a green background.

• 6 months later...

BTW I have to praise you for reconfiguring HTTPS at forum.eset.com. Now it got scored much better than the last time: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=forum.eset.com
You finally get A-. :)
(Previously it was C if I remember correctly and this was a really out-of-date config)

But you can still improve your config...
As far as I see the cipher suite (especially the order) might be optimized and if you also apply the HSTS header you can also get an A+ from SSLLabs.

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members

BTW I have to praise you for reconfiguring HTTPS at forum.eset.com. Now it got scored much better than the last time: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=forum.eset.com

You finally get A-. :)

(Previously it was C if I remember correctly and this was a really out-of-date config)

But you can still improve your config...

As far as I see the cipher suite (especially the order) might be optimized and if you also apply the HSTS header you can also get an A+ from SSLLabs.

Tried it today, it's A instead of A-, very close to A+ now!  ^_^

• 1 month later...

I have problems with receiving emails from forum. I forgot password and tried to recover it but didn't receive email. I looked in my mail-servers log and found that it is rejected. 

Reason: Helo command rejected: Go away (dynamic) helo=<ip-172-31-0-229.ec2.internal>.

It's bad helo because many SMTP servers filters out this as spam from dynamic addresses. I was forced to register from gmail what apparently uses more advanced spam filtering methods and allows such emails.

• 3 months later...

Hi All ! I have sent question to ESET Products for Linux Servers Forum. I am new here and I have warning, about restriction. "This post will need approval from a moderator before it is shown.This restriction will be lifted when you have 1 more approved posts"

How long usually will take to approve post to ESET forums ?

Thanks in advance.

Vlad.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hi @TomFace,

I received an e-mail notification with your added link to the post from @SCR about the same spelling typo:

1. Did I post in the wrong subforum? Seems to be a double then. Thanks for that!

2. I can't find your edited quote/post in which you added the link. A bit confusing, but not an issue of course.

Greetz

Hello m4v3r1ck....I hid my post as I did not want to appear to be a "know-it-all"....sometimes I type before I think....your OK:D...sorry for my fast fingers:(...you're the one who posted it in the correct place:). Kudos to you.

Edited by TomFace

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gonzalo Alvarez said:

Hi,
There is a way to search or view any topics with "no replies"?
I can't find any.

Thanks!

As far as I can tell this may be the only indicator.

Content.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 05/09/2014 at 1:37 PM, planet said:

It would be nice to have the ability of getting notified when you receive kudos; such as making the option adjustable in "Notification Options" on the User CP.

On 30/05/2015 at 2:16 PM, planet said:

I've noticed for a while that moderators and admins can edit their post and provide a reason for editing. When I edit one of my posts, I cannot see anywhere for me to be able to provide a reason for editing, which might be useful at times.

Is it possible for regular users to provide a reason for editing a post and if so, how?

I'm happy to see that with the new Forum recently, these two things are now possible -- notifications for receiving kudos, as well as being able to provide a reason for editing posts. Thank you! :D

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, planet said:

I'm happy to see that with the new Forum recently, these two things are now possible -- notifications for receiving kudos, as well as being able to provide a reason for editing posts. Thank you! :D

;)

• 4 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

Just discovered this little forum layout bug with this particular post (link), screenshot below.

595c0ef10a442_ScreenShot2017-07-05at7_55_11am.thumb.png.ed5095a5a16e3a2b46a92dbdec53c3c0.png

On 05/01/2017 at 9:56 PM, m4v3r1ck said:

Just a little thingy I noticed today!

ScreenCap 2017-01-05 at 11.53.28.jpg

Should be "See WHO gave kudos"

Greetz

Seems that this typo is still visible as well.

Edited by planet
Added extra comment about the kudos typo.

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, TomasP said:

Thank you, planet, for reporting these issues.

I have fixed them so they should be OK now.

T.

Thank you, looks all okay now from here! :)

• Most Valued Members

One more suggestion regarding the forum — I noticed ESET Smart Security & ESET Internet Security are merged into a single sub-forum. As ESET Cyber Security & ESET Cyber Security Pro are very similar (with only the Firewall & Parental Control different), would ESET consider merging the two sub-forums into a combined single sub-forum?

• ESET Insiders
12 hours ago, planet said:

One more suggestion regarding the forum — I noticed ESET Smart Security & ESET Internet Security are merged into a single sub-forum. As ESET Cyber Security & ESET Cyber Security Pro are very similar (with only the Firewall & Parental Control different), would ESET consider merging the two sub-forums into a combined single sub-forum?

I second that!

Cheers

• ESET Moderators

Hi again and thanks for the feedback.

However, we have decided to keep the forums as they are, because ESET Cyber Security and ESET Cyber Security Pro are more like ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus, which have their separate forums as well.
ESET Internet Security is much more similar to ESET Smart Security, than ESET Cyber Security is to ESET Cyber Security Pro.

Thanks for the understanding!

Tomas