Forum Feedback

dwomack

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, TomasP said:

Hi again and thanks for the feedback.

However, we have decided to keep the forums as they are, because ESET Cyber Security and ESET Cyber Security Pro are more like ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus, which have their separate forums as well.
ESET Internet Security is much more similar to ESET Smart Security, than ESET Cyber Security is to ESET Cyber Security Pro.

Thanks for the understanding!

Tomas

No problem Tomas, thank you for bringing the idea to the staff team and providing us with a conclusion. That makes sense, that comparison went over my head when I originally posted that idea. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought with the recent revamp of the forum, the ability to log in anonymously was done away with, yet I still see some user listed as "anonymous" from time to time. 

Forum.jpg.56bf23a0cb949d19b4596435654eed19.jpg

Am I confused?

Edited by TomFace

• 5 weeks later...

I think this is amazing forum, I've just registered but I think that process is fast and when I see this topic, I feel u guys supports for member that can't be better. Sorry for my bad English. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators
On 5. 11. 2017 at 12:24 PM, planet said:

Not sure if staff are aware that anyone (logged out and in) can see all the Groups available on the ESET Forum? Is this okay @Marcos, @MS-adm, @dwomack?

Hi planet, thanks for the heads up.

We have modified the visibility of the groups.

I have also removed the image from your post, so that the groups are not visible there.

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Having made a support ticket over 16 hours ago I decided to try post here for a reply and  and 12 hours later and not even been made live by an admin.....and all I am looing for is some kind of documentatuuon or help files for the new cleaner component that was our mobth ago  and not one person  knows and WSWT wont reply. Why would any AV company add a conponent to their product and not give any help docs or any kond of expalntin on what it does to your system? and month later still nothing. This is not what I am paying for an am wanting the documention in full by end of the day or a full refund  and still not one ESET employeee even to maek my posts live :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 04/12/2017 at 5:45 PM, Hazzard said:

all I am looing for is some kind of documentatuuon or help files for the new cleaner component that was our mobth ago

Hi Hazzard, ESET Help online contains the help/documentation for the System cleaner feature, is this what you were looking for?

http://help.eset.com/eis/11/en-US/?idh_page_systemcleaner.html

• Most Valued Members
On 21/11/2017 at 10:39 PM, TomasP said:

We have modified the visibility of the groups.

Great, thank you Tomas.

Another Forum Feedback/Question, what is the best practice to report misplaced posts or topics that are in the wrong spot in the Forums? I always felt like the Report function would be too harsh for a situation like that.

• ESET Moderators
7 hours ago, planet said:

Great, thank you Tomas.

Another Forum Feedback/Question, what is the best practice to report misplaced posts or topics that are in the wrong spot in the Forums? I always felt like the Report function would be too harsh for a situation like that.

The Report option is correct, I think. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't view those as overtly "negative", others use that to comment on a post or thread and the Reports list for Mods is a good place to not lose track of these. As long as you leave a comment regarding why you flagged the thread or post, it should be fine. 

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, foneil said:

The Report option is correct, I think. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't view those as overtly "negative", others use that to comment on a post or thread and the Reports list for Mods is a good place to not lose track of these. As long as you leave a comment regarding why you flagged the thread or post, it should be fine. 

Thanks foneil, I'll use that option from now on.

• 1 year later...
Le 23/12/2014 à 02h32, Patch a déclaré:

Le logiciel de forum cite par défaut un message sélectionné et toutes les citations de message incluses.

Lors de la suppression sélective de texte  iTunes Mobdro TutuApp inutile, il est facile de casser la structure du message (très gênant avant que je trouve le message annulation vs navigateur revenir en arrière).

L'effet combiné est d'encourager les grosses citations.

La modification de la citation du logiciel de forum afin que seul le nouveau texte soit inclus par défaut minimiserait les citations de grande taille. Dans les cas où le texte cité précédemment est réellement nécessaire, les utilisateurs peuvent toujours utiliser la fonction de devis multiples.

Si vous rencontrez des problèmes de publication sur ce forum et que vous utilisez ie11 et que vous souhaitez continuer à utiliser ie11 [par opposition à Firefox ou Chrome] et merci beaucoup à  TomFace  pour cette solution de contournement, basculez le commutateur dans le coin supérieur gauche de l'  écran. La barre d'outils de réponse du forum  [qui désactive toutes les autres fonctionnalités de la barre d'outils de réponse], permet à l'affiche d'utiliser ie11 pour au moins une  citation  et une  multicote  lors de la publication.

Edited by ISHOULI

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators
5 minutes ago, TAILITYSA said:

I see no where for doing this within NOD 32 itself. All instructions for reporting any type of threat should be in one centralized location. Not having this information easy to find will only hurt Eset.

The instructions are indeed at one place: https://support.eset.com/kb141/

Moreover, we link this KB article in the FAQ block on this forum as well.

• 7 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

I have noticed for a while when I receive a notification on the forum e.g. someone has quoted me and open it to go to that post the notification will still be in the top right corner and I have to open and click it again for it to go away.

This is on an android phone with chrome. Can't remember if it has the same behaviour on chrome on my desktop but will try and find out

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Including an image in the post will cause an error of INVALID_URL

Removing the image from the post but keeping it in Attachments can get you through to post , otherwise you will keep getting INVALID_URL

It ceased for now.

Edited by Nightowl

• 3 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

I like the new design of the forum especially when scrolling down you see the bit telling you when you get to the unread posts on a post.

However I'd love an option to be able to go either directly to the unread posts or even the last posts. Sometimes if the post is just one page but long you have to scroll down for a bit to get to the new posts.

Also it's probably just me and my OCD but I liked the option to mark full sub forums as read as I liked to have all sub forums marked as read even if it wasn't a sub forum I used. This feature seems to have been removed with the latest update 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, peteyt said:

I'd like to add it appears the mark forum as read option isn't actually gone but doesn't show when using a mobile device, or at least when using Chrome mobile (shows when using the show desktop version option)

Was that option in the mobile version of the forum in the past? The mobile version isn't 1:1 to the desktop version and may be missing some elements that are not used a lot by users.

Anyways, we have made a change so that if you open a topic with unread posts it will jump to the first unread post automatically.