Update issue

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Two computers I'm using - one running Windows 7 and the other Windows 8, have suddenly stopped downloading updates for ESET.

Both give the same error message - Modules update failed, could not connect to server.

I'm aware that Microsoft has stopped product support for both systems but I don't see what that should prevent me from accessing updates on the ESET server

• Marcos changed the title to Update issue
35 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please provide information about the ESET product and version you use.

Thx. ESET Internet Security. Version 16.0.26.0

License renewed last October, valid until October 2024.

• Administrators

Sounds like a firewall or something is preventing ESET from communicating with update servers.

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Run update to reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

The file is greater than 100MB and won't attach. 

I selected collection profile ALL as instructed. Should I select another profile, if so, which one ?

• Administrators

It's enough to use the default template. Should the generated archive exceed 100MB, you can upload it to a file sharing service and drop me a personal message with a download link.

• Administrators

As I wrote, something is blocking ESET from communicating with servers. No SYN/ACK is sent back in response to SYN message:

image.png

Ok so is it my ISP ? My chromecast stopped being able to access the Internet yesterday as well - which happened a few time -  once before because the ISP blocked it

• Administrators

If you don't use any other firewall (e.g. in the router), then it's most likely the ISP who is blocking the communication.

I haven't touched the router - except to turn it off and on again since I installed it some years ago. If it has a firewall I haven't done anything to change the settings. So I guess the ISP.
I'm a journalist.. in Turkey.. using state owned Turk Telekom ISP. I shouldn't be surprised at this !

Anyway thanks for your help !

D