Server Security IDS Non-functional

Go to solution Solved by jon1234,

Hello,

We have 5 systems that have an IDS non-functional error that started around 6AM EST today.  They are across Windows Server 2012r2- 2022 and across ESET Server Security 9.0.12013.0 and 9.0.12012.0.  I rebooted as the error recommends but that didn't help.  I updated one system to the latest version of the product 9.0.12017.0 and that did not help.  I see updated folders in this dir that coincide with the timing around when it stopped working C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET File Security\Modules.  Anyone else seeing this?

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the server
  3. After the error has occurred, stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

It coincides with this:

Time;Component;Event;User
1/31/2023 5:57:48 AM;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 26673P (20230131).;SYSTEM

Time;Type;Description;Source;User
1/31/2023 5:57:46 AM;Feature changed;Network attack protection (IDS) changed state from Active to Inactive;SYSTEM;NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Time;Type;Description;Source;User
1/31/2023 5:57:46 AM;Feature changed;Botnet changed state from Active to Inactive;SYSTEM;NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

I've raised ticket #00486095 with support and uploaded the logs there.  

• Administrators

We are aware of the issue with the latest firewall module 1429 which is currently available on the pre-release update channel only. It will be fixed automatically by a module update within a few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Solution
3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We are aware of the issue with the latest firewall module 1429 which is currently available on the pre-release update channel only. It will be fixed automatically by a module update within a few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks so much!