Eset 8 slow internet connection

waledakmal: You wrote that upgrading v6 -> v7 -> v8 solves your issue. Is it still solved after reboot?

waledakmal: You wrote that upgrading v6 -> v7 -> v8 solves your issue. Is it still solved after reboot?

Yes been resolved upgraded ،But if you install version 7 or 8 without upgrade from version 6 Does not resolve the problem

Weird problem indeed.

Hopefully it will get solved otherwise the upgrade procedure will only get longer with each new version.....

V6 -> v7 -> v8 

V6 -> v7 -> v8 -> v9

V6 -> v7 -> v8 -> v9 -> v10

;)

On my machine the update from v6 - v7 - v8 did not solve the problem. I think it was luck, that the problem was solved on your machine. Perhaps, when I install the v8 several times, the problem is gone at any installation and the next time I will uninstall/install it is still here....

• ESET Staff

Krond: I'd like to ask you to do the following: With ESS8 already installed open regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces and expand it. Open each name in curly braces you see there, and if there's a DWORD value called TcpAckFrequency there, change it to 2. Then right click Interfaces, Export and PM the file to me. Then reboot and see if it makes any difference regarding speed. Thanks.

• ESET Staff

On my machine the update from v6 - v7 - v8 did not solve the problem. I think it was luck, that the problem was solved on your machine. Perhaps, when I install the v8 several times, the problem is gone at any installation and the next time I will uninstall/install it is still here....

Doing an upgrade of an older product leaves the old drivers in place until the next reboot, which is what I guessed might have worked around the issue somehow.

Krond: I'd like to ask you to do the following: With ESS8 already installed open regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces and expand it. Open each name in curly braces you see there, and if there's a DWORD value called TcpAckFrequency there, change it to 2. Then right click Interfaces, Export and PM the file to me. Then reboot and see if it makes any difference regarding speed. Thanks.

Yes, I will do. But I can´t before saturday, because I´m short of time today and tomorrow and I´m not at home before.

Perhaps I can manage it tomorrow during work, but I can´t promise it.

New update. I´ve changed from ESS to EAV. What should I say. The problem with the slow connection is gone on both machines where I´ve changed. I´ve changed the registryentries from TcpAckFrequendy to 2, too. I´ll send it per PM to you.

Update to my previous post: it is definitively that the change from ESS to EAV has no effect due the slowdowns. I´ve rechanged the TcpAckFrequency from 2 to 1 and the slowdowns are here in EAV now. I´ve NOT tested, if ESS and the registry-entries set to "2" will repair the problem of slowdowns, only tested in EAV!

The registry-entries "2" have triggered a problem while downloading a bigger file from Microsoft (SQLServer), so that I only have a extreme slow download rate from MS-Server (download should take several hours). With rechange the TcpAckFrequency to "1", the download runs in normal speed. That was reproducable.

So, with these handicaps I couldn´t leave the registry-entries set to "2", because I can´t appreciate which other sideeffects these settings have.

• Administrators

Our developers would like to know how removing TcpAckFrequency value from the registry affects the speed and if you observe some issues then. This is nothing that could be resolved within a short period as it's not caused by a bug in ESET's products but it's rather an issue with Windows Filtering Platform.

There is no change when I remove the TcpAckFrequency. 

But I think, there is a change to improved webspeed when I use the beta-updates. Are there made changes to the code? This is not reproducable to 100% (thru lack of time on my site) and can be a hallucination from me.  :(

I think you mean the pre-released updates...

Great that they (maybe?) resolved the issue!

Can you please say what VSD version you have?

Maybe also copy and paste the version numbers of the firewall module and the web protection module (maybe it is called "web content filter" or similar there)...

Signaturdatenbank: 10879P (20141215)

Soforteinsatz-Modul: 5217 (20141215)

Updates: 1055 (20141118)

Viren- und Spyware-Schutz: 1446 (20141208)

Advanced Heuristik: 1153 (20140915)

Archivunterstützung: 1215 (20141106)

Säuberungstechnologie: 1104 (20141205)

Anti-Stealth-Unterstützung: 1067 (20141210)

ESET SysInspector: 1245 (20141028)

Echtzeit-Dateischutz: 1009 (20130301)

Lokalisierungsunterstützung: 1273 (20141008)

HIPS-Unterstützung: 1156 (20141210)

Internet-Schutz: 1165B (20141128)

Datenbank: 1061 (20141124)

On further tests from me, enabling of the pre-released updates makes no change to the slow downloadrates. Are there any new findings to the problem? Is there any solution in sight?

No. There is no driver conflict. I can reproduce it on all my workstations (from me, my kids, my working-notebook). These are 3 Desktops and 2 Notebooks in various hardware-constellations and various software-constellations. All drivers are uptodate, I´ve controlled first. 

And older ESS (6 or 7) hasn´t this problem. But after updating on ESS/EAV 8 there is the problem present.

So, is it a driver-problem with ESS/EAV 8 only? Then I think it is rather a problem of version 8.

@Arakasi: what is "(OP)", I can nothing embark on it.....?

Origional poster.

Had a driver issue...

:)

So previous versions are ok, but installing 8 yields slow internet?

Have you installed a fresh copy of 8, or always upgrade from 7 or similar.

I might have missed , plus im on phone, have you used the uninstaller tool to make sure everything is cleared and installed from fresh a copy of 8?

• 2 months later...

I have similar problem :( Just bought new gaming laptop Asus G751JT what comes with Win 8.1 64bit. Everything was fine until ive installed newest version of NOD32 Antivirus 8.0 64bit... Internet becomes unstable and very slow... Watching Youtube or some VOD materials become impossible... Ive tried to install newest versions of all drivers and software... even reinstalled whole os (clean install with formatting hard drive) and problem is still present :( When i uninstall NOD32 everything is back to normal and internet is very fast but when i try install NOD32 internet is slow and unstable...

I tried thing from this topic and only thing is working for me is NOD32 version 6.0... Antivirus is working fine and internet is very fast but when i try to install or update it to version 7 or 8 everything goes to slow and unstable internet :(

• Administrators

With ESS v8 installed, please open your network adapter setup, temporarily disable Epfw LightWeight Filter and restart the computer. Do the issues still persist?

With ESS v8 installed, please open your network adapter setup, temporarily disable Epfw LightWeight Filter and restart the computer. Do the issues still persist?

Does Epfw LightWeight Filter come with EAV/NOD32 as well that FPPfan are using ?  Long time since I used NOD32 so I don't remember.

• Administrators

Does Epfw LightWeight Filter come with EAV/NOD32 as well that FPPfan are using ?  Long time since I used NOD32 so I don't remember.

Nope, Epfw NDIS Lightweight filter is used only by ESS.