ESET Notifications

JoeBlack40
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello everyone

I was wondering if someone has the same problem or how can it be fixed.In Windows settings,the ESET the notifications are disabled.If I try to enable it it works,but in matter of one second it reverts back to disabled.It"s very upsetting if could put it that way,because the update notifications are not displayed (one thing that I love at ESET) and I think that in case of some detection I wouldn't be notified correctly.The notifications are enabled btw on ESET.

Another important thing you need to know...i have a clean Macrium Reflect image (i always do that prior an AV installation) and when I saw this problem,I reverted back to the clean image and installed the version 16.0.22 and discovered the problem is not present anymore,the notifications are displayed.After the version was updated automatically to 16.0.26....voila,the problem is back.

Another odd thing...if I cancel a scan,a notification is displayed.And i repeat,the update notifications are not....

2023-01-21_074005.jpg

2023-01-21_075637.jpg

2023-01-21_080752.jpg

Thank you for your reply Marcos,indeed they were disabled.I enabled them right now I will wait to see if the notification update will be present.Still doesn"t explain why the version 0.22 had notifications in Windows setting enabled and version 0.26 does not.At least for me of course.

I don"t know if this would be a solution,but after I paused ESET"s protection a banner was displayed...and after I re-enabled the protection I checked in Windows settings,surprise...the notifications were enabled.

2023-01-21_101036.jpg

Well,it"s not a solution because after a laptop restart the problem is back ( I am always referring at Windows notifications)...and after pause protection-re enable protection the notification settings is back to normal....

• Administrators

ESET does not affect system notification settings at all. I've installed v16.0.22 and system notifications were enabled for ESET Proxy GUI.

That is exactly what I mentioned earlier "......I reverted back to the clean image and installed the version 16.0.22 and discovered the problem is not present anymore,the notifications are displayed...." and in Windows notifications settings ESET GUI was enabled soon after installation.Instead with 0.26 is not.

Oh well,maybe is just just a Windows bug,that"s all.

Thank you for your patience Marcos and for your replies.