Credit card charged but never received my license

Hello,

I was trying to renew my license yesterday, the payment portal charged my card with 79$ but the screen show that payment failed. I contacted my bank and they informed that the amount was charged by ESET but I never received confirmation neither license. I don’t know how to contact you!

I purchased through ME yes, the card was charged at ESET WWW ESET COM-SAN DIEGO-USA on 16/01/2023  

i tried to contact them but never received any response to my email, do they have a phone number or a specific contact person I should talk to?

On 1/18/2023 at 9:17 AM, Hassan Y Abdelsalam said:

the card was charged at ESET WWW ESET COM-SAN DIEGO-USA on 16/01/2023

The source above indicates payment was made by Eset North America. If the purchase originated from https://www.eset.com/me/ web site, payment processing should not have occurred by Eset North America.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not acceptable, you have received the payment already and we got no subscription and no one is paying any attention! What an awesome customer service!

I won’t use this software again.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Bondo said:

This is not acceptable, you have received the payment already and we got no subscription and no one is paying any attention! What an awesome customer service!

I won’t use this software again.

I was able to find only one expired license registered with your forum email: 3AR-XBW-W4K.

Did you purchase another one from an Egyptian distributor or from ESET LLC in the US? If the latter, when were you charged? If you have received a payment confirmation. please provide it to me.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

I was able to find only one expired license registered with your forum email: 3AR-XBW-W4K.

Did you purchase another one from an Egyptian distributor or from ESET LLC in the US? If the latter, when were you charged? If you have received a payment confirmation. please provide it to me.

I didn’t receive payment confirmation, just a message from my bank!

• Administrators

Did you purchase the license from ESET LLC? Please provide me with whatever proof that you have paid. There should be more information as to whom you paid and how much at least.

57 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you purchase the license from ESET LLC? Please provide me with whatever proof that you have paid. There should be more information as to whom you paid and how much at least.

Here’s the SMS I received from my bank:

your Card  **6520 was charged by EGP 2364.85 at ESET WWW ESET COM-SAN DIEGO-USA on 16/01/2023  , New available balance 2986.01 EGP. To know more about our cards installment plans Call 16668

I didn’t receive any emails after I have done the payment.

I have checked my bank statement and the payment is deducted, it’s not on hold or refunded, so this payment is definitely in your account.

• Administrators

Did you use a different email address for purchase? We could not find any records associated with your forum email address hXXXXXn@dXXXXXXd.com.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Hassan Y Abdelsalam said:

I used a different email address and my company details for invoicing.

Thanks, I've passed your purchase email address to ESET LLC for further investigation. Will keep you posted.

• Administrators

Waiting for information from ESET LLC accounting department. There's a time shift between EU and US so it may take some time. We kindly ask you for patience.

• Administrators

The payment has been look into by the accounting department with this response:

It looks like the payment was not successful due to the customer using an address that could not be verified. The pending charges should fall through automatically. Since the customer is outside of North America, this process may take longer than expected. 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:17 AM, Hassan Y Abdelsalam said:

I purchased through ME yes, the card was charged at ESET WWW ESET COM-SAN DIEGO-USA on 16/01/2023  

There are some "mysteries" here to be resolved.

Since the OP stated he purchased from https://www.eset.com/me/ , how did the transaction get redirected to Eset N. A. for payment processing? Could it be that a U.S. based address was used at purchase time? And/or the payment made in U.S. dollars?

-EDIT- I checked out the eStore web page for https://www.eset.com/me/ . Sure enough, language mode defaults to English and prices are shown in U.S. dollars. Assumed is U.S. dollar payments are being forwarded to and processed by Eset N.A..

Edited by itman

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

The payment has been look into by the accounting department with this response:

It looks like the payment was not successful due to the customer using an address that could not be verified. The pending charges should fall through automatically. Since the customer is outside of North America, this process may take longer than expected. 

Yes, the payment page showed that payment is unsuccessful although I received the message from my bank, so I should expect a refund soon?

5 hours ago, itman said:

There are some "mysteries" here to be resolved.

Since the OP stated he purchased from https://www.eset.com/me/ , how did the transaction get redirected to Eset N. A. for payment processing? Could it be that a U.S. based address was used at purchase time? And/or the payment made in U.S. dollars?

-EDIT- I checked out the eStore web page for https://www.eset.com/me/ . Sure enough, language mode defaults to English and prices are shown in U.S. dollars. Assumed is U.S. dollar payments are being forwarded to and processed by Eset N.A..

I have no idea why is this happening, I just clicked the button on the software window which redirected me to the web page where I made my payment. If this is not the right page to purchase/renew the license then it’s not my fault at all, the software redirects to a wrong page!

The prices were in USD for sure, my bank deducted the amount in our local currency +10% commission as this is a foreign currency payment.

And by the way, last year I purchased my license normally and received my key and received the following message:

”Your card ending **2945 was charged at ESET WWW.ESET.COM with 51.99USD on 03-01-2022 New available limit ****** EGP.”

Now, what’s the right link I should purchase from?

1 hour ago, Hassan Y Abdelsalam said:

The prices were in USD for sure, my bank deducted the amount in our local currency +10% commission as this is a foreign currency payment.

If you navigated to the eStore web page from the https://www.eset.com/me/ home page, you could've paid in local currency per the below screen. This would've eliminated the 10% surcharge for currency conversion. It also would eliminate the hassle of having to deal with Eset N.A. if there was a payment issue.

Eset_ME.thumb.png.faca492114673a5eaa59223d7545b05d.png

Edited by itman

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, MichealDean said:

That's a bummer that you got charged for your license but didn't actually receive it. That's a classic case of "where's the beef?" You definitely deserve to get what you paid for.

As far as I remember user's bank blocked the money and they were credited to user's account after a few days. The case was successfully resolved.