Issue with mozilla shortcuts after downloading the latest eset version

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

In the taskbar, the eset icon was yellow and asked me to restart the laptop in order to install the latest eset version.

After restarting, most mozilla shortcuts do not work. For example, when I press ctrl+C, the text is not copied.

What should I do in order to restore the normal functioning of mozilla shortcuts ?

Thank you

Edited by John Q

• Administrators
  • Solution

This is unlikely caused by ESET. Does actually uninstalling ESET temporarily make a difference and the issue returns right after you install it with default settings?

Couldn't it be that you have an anti-keylogger or key scrambler installed? If so, disabling keyboard protection would likely help:

image.png

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is unlikely caused by ESET. Does actually uninstalling ESET temporarily make a difference and the issue returns right after you install it with default settings?

Thank you for the reply.

I will try it.
I hope it helps

Edited by John Q

32 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you have an anti-keylogger or key scrambler installed? If so, disabling keyboard protection would likely help:
image.png

yes, i have done some key remappings with powertoys but it is installed 5 months now without any issues.

where can i find "keyboard protection" ? i checked for it, but i can not locate it.

thank you again for your help

Edited by John Q

I attach the eset page I see.

Where should I go in order to find "keyboard protection" ?

Thank you

ESET HOME.png

Edited by John Q

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Open advanced setup (F5) -> Web and email protection -> Banking and payment protection.

Thank you, I will check it.

Bear in mind that I just uninstalled eset and the issue has been resolved.
Mozilla shortcuts work fine now.

I reinstall eset.

Thank you again for your support

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, John Q said:

Thank you, I will check it.

Bear in mind that I just uninstalled eset and the issue has been resolved.
Mozilla shortcuts work fine now.

I reinstall eset.

Thank you again for your support

Did it still work once eset was reinstalled?

3 hours ago, John Q said:

After restarting, most mozilla shortcuts do not work. For example, when I press ctrl+C, the text is not copied.

I upgraded to ver. 16.0.26 this morning.

I have no issue using Ctrl+C in copying text from a FireFox web page and pasting into a Notepad file for example.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, itman said:

I upgraded to ver. 16.0.26 this morning.

I have no issue using Ctrl+C in copying text from a FireFox web page and pasting into a Notepad file for example.

The OP did key re-mapping which does not work if keys are scrambled. Thus disabling keyboard protection did the trick and it started to work after disabling it:

yes, i have done some key remappings with powertoys but it is installed 5 months now without any issues.