"You are protected" pops up during the Windows startup

nagz06

I'm not referring to the splash screen (already disabled). The UI of NOD32 pops up 3~5 mins after the startup. I already uninstall-install the program the right way using the ESET uninstaller via safe mode, but the problem still persists.

I'm on Windows 10 22H2 OS build: 19045.2364

https://imgur.com/a/7EUk0Pd - here is the screen that pops up

I really have no clue as to why the Eset GUI home page would display on its own w/o user direct means of doing so.

Open Win Task Manager and see if Eset GUI is listed in startup section.

Edited by itman

21 minutes ago, itman said:

I really have no clue as to why the Eset GUI home page would display on its own w/o user direct means of doing so.

Open Win Task Manager and see if Eset GUI is listed in startup section.

None, the only ESET thing I can see is the ESET command line interface

8 minutes ago, nagz06 said:

None, the only ESET thing I can see is the ESET command line interface

I just checked my Task Scheduler, but I didn't see any ESET GUI process

• Administrators

I would recommend opening a support ticket since developers have not come across such behavior so further investigation will be needed.

you may be disable one of the entries out of your "startup" folder in windows task manager i you have multiples?

that may or may not show icon in taskbar anymore after doing that, but if you check your security page in windows settings or services it's actually still running.

mines been doing that ever since i had to do a reinstall about a year ago but since then i've just lived with it. but it's usually not 5 min after startup, maybe 5-10 seconds

15 hours ago, d3adfish said:

you may be disable one of the entries out of your "startup" folder in windows task manager i you have multiples?

that may or may not show icon in taskbar anymore after doing that, but if you check your security page in windows settings or services it's actually still running.

mines been doing that ever since i had to do a reinstall about a year ago but since then i've just lived with it. but it's usually not 5 min after startup, maybe 5-10 seconds

no multiple entries whatsoever, I already checked registries and startup folders and task manager start up. the only one showing is the ESET command line interface

55 minutes ago, el el amiril said:

with due respect is your eset legit?

Yes, it's a 2 year license for 1 PC

g04crJX.jpg

Edited by nagz06