Activation failed. Error code: ACT.33

Serban

Hello. I have reinstalled my eset internet security software and i can't activate my license. After I log in, when i choose the license and click continue, i get this message "Activation failed, An error occurred during activation" "An internal error occurred during the activation process"

"Error Code: ACT.33"

I have 2 licences. 1 for Desktop PC and the other for my laptop. 

In ESET Home i removed the device from the license thinking that was the problem. 

Now i can't activate my desktop pc with the available license.

What am i doing wrong?

eset.png

eset2.png

• Administrators

This license was issued for an Afghan reseller and is locked to that region. Where did you purchase the license? We strongly recommend purchasing a license from local authorized ESET partners.

I don't remember. Searching through my emails i have found the email from noreply@orders.eset.com thanking me for purchasing ESET Internet Security. But if my licences were issued for an Afghan reseller, how is the other license working on my laptop? Btw, i'm in Romania. 

2 Hours ago everything was fine.

• Administrators

Both licenses are from the same series, ie. with same restrictions. There is no reason why activation would work only with one of them under the very same circumstances (no vpn, same country).

• Administrators

I'd recommend asking the seller for a refund and purchasing a license from your local authorized ESET distributor or reseller.

Why i was able to activate an Afghan locked license in Romania in the first place? I came here to find the solution to my problem, only to find out i was sold a faulty license and it's my fault, one year after the purchase while everything works fine on my other device. This is absurd! 

Am i supposed to wait for a refund after a year of using the product without problems?

Unbelievable...

• Administrators

Regarding licensing and pricing information please contact the seller of your license.

In this case the license was sold by:

Bamikasoft
No C5, 3th Floor, City Computer Plaza
Haji Yaqoob Square, Shahre Now
Kabul
Afghanistan

WhatsApp: +93 784 364 696
Mobile: +93 790 740 330
Email: info@bamikasoft.com
Web: www.bamikasoft.com

Thank you! After a little bit of searching through my emails i have found my purchase information. I have bought two licences for ESET Internet Security on https://www.kinguin.net/category/62685/eset-internet-security-key-3-years-1-pc . I have contacted both the license seller and Kinguin support. Hopefully we can resolve this issue without involving the bank for refund.

Bamikasoft from Afghanistan said they are not the seller. 

This is getting ridiculous and I am seriously thinking about using other AV software.

A user doesn't have to go through all of this just to find the truth. 

Lastly, why does it matter from who i bought the license? They got payed, ESET got payed, and i got f*ked. The customer.

Cheers!

eset3.png

It's not about the money i lost, but take a step back and think about how stupid all this sounds from a security standpoint.

45 minutes ago, Serban said:

Bamikasoft from Afghanistan said they are not the seller. 

I would say this is correct. Marcos just traced the issuer of the license backed to them.

You stated:

2 hours ago, Serban said:

After a little bit of searching through my emails i have found my purchase information. I have bought two licences for ESET Internet Security on https://www.kinguin.net/category/62685/eset-internet-security-key-3-years-1-pc .

You need to contact kingpin.net from whom you purchased the Eset licenses. I doubt that will do you any good.

I again state:

This is Eset's authorized web site for purchases in Romania: https://www.eset.ro/ .

If you purchased this license from any other source, you did so at your own risk.

Edited by itman

I will also recommend that you perform due diligence in regards to web sites you purchase software from. This review of kinguin.net should be of interest to you: https://techguided.com/is-kinguin-legit-windows-games/ .

Of note:

How Does Kinguin Work?

Kinguin doesn’t sell games or copies of Windows themselves. Rather, Kinguin is a marketplace where people can sell their Windows keys or their game keys.

On their marketplace, you can find everything from Windows keys (both the Pro versions and Home versions), to World of Warcraft time cards, to CSGO skings, to game keys for popular games (like PUBG), all the way to software (like anti-virus programs and Microsoft Home Office.)

You simply find the product you want on their website and click on it. Then you’re taken to that product’s marketplace page where you can browse through the different people who are selling that product (or, rather, the key for that product.)

What if I Buy Through Kinguin and the Key Doesn’t Work?

The biggest problem with Kinguin’s marketplace is that Kinguin themselves do not check beforehand to see if their sellers’ keys are legit or not.

There have been many accounts of users who have purchased keys through Kinguin only to find out that the key was already in use.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

Looks like virtually anybody can start selling there:

image.png

That said, somebody purchased a cheap license in Afghanistan and then sold it via Kinguin. Again, we strongly recommend purchasing from a local authorized distributor to prevent being scammed.

Unfurtunate series of events :( 

I hope others don't get scammed in the future with this method!

Too bad because it gives a bad name to your product. 

I'm contacting my bank for a refund if kinguin doesn't resolve my ticket.

You live and learn...

Thank you for your support!

@Marcos, there is still a puzzling aspect to this posting.

How was this license activated initially since it was geographically restricted? Is it possible to do so using this method: https://www.eset.com/us/support/activate/?intcmp=int_support ? Something for Eset to check out.

Yeah, thats weird. The license on my laptop is activated. 

If the license didn't initially activate, maybe i would have a higher chance of a direct kinguin refund.

7 minutes ago, Serban said:

maybe i would have a higher chance of a direct kinguin refund

Per the above linked article I posted:

Kinguin does offer Buyer’s Protection for their keys. Kinguin posts the following about their Buyer’s Protection…

You are protected against any quality faults of this products caused by the seller (invalid, duplicate keys etc.).

By disabling it the customer takes the full responsibility for any potential issues.

Or, in other words, if you don’t buy Buyer’s Protection through Kinguin, you have no protection if the key is invalid. Which is honestly incredibly silly.

I assume you didn't add this option at purchase time.

Also, another sign of a "shady" operation.

Edited by itman

On 1/10/2023 at 1:00 AM, itman said:

@Marcos, there is still a puzzling aspect to this posting.

How was this license activated initially since it was geographically restricted? Is it possible to do so using this method: https://www.eset.com/us/support/activate/?intcmp=int_support ? Something for Eset to check out.

very easy, you don't even need a VPN, during the initial activation, it will ask you for the customer name, and email address, then the country, if you select the correct country (ie. Afghanistan in this case) then the activation will work regardless of the geographical IP address of the computer.

I know this because I work for a computer reseller in California and our ESET distributor is in Dubai. We have to select the region as UAE and then the activation iwill work and is permanent regardless of the location or IP of the laptop.