Parental control and Android safe mode

Hi Eset,

My son keeps circumventing parental control. He uses safe mode or similar on his android phone. Afterwards he can watch eg YouTube etc.

How can we prevent him entering/booting in safe mode?

Best Phil

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your swift reply. It appears the solution requires to sign up for another paid service (per month).

Is that the only solution to this problem?

If yes, wouldn't that imply Eset parental control is pretty useless if kids realize that they can circumvent it with 3 buttons clicked on their device?

Thanks.

• Administrators

Ok, I've found out that in order to disable safe mode the phone must be enrolled as a device owner and managed by ESET MDM, ie. this is only possible in corporate environment: https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/90/en-US/client_tasks_enrollment_device.html

image.png

Hi Marcos,

Great how fast you respond, thanks.

Problem is that we are talking about "parental control" on a kids device. Hence i guess corporate environment doesn't apply here or anywhere else where this problem will occur.

Either I didn't analyze the context correctly how my son circumvents eset ie. safe mode doesn't circumvent eset parental control or this is a pretty big hole?

Can you confirm parental control won't work if the device is started in safe mode?

Thx

Phil

• 2 weeks later...