problem with new version of eset smart security (8.0.304.1)

hello

a few days ago i downloaded  8.0.304.1 eset smart security but when  i installed it i see that written version 7 :mellow: i was very surprised .  i had no problem with 8.301 version :)

where is problem ?

i even tried on 2 computers but the result was same .

if 8.0.304.1 version have problem please put new version on website.

thank you so much :wub:

• Administrators

Version 8 was released worldwide 6 days ago. If you had downloaded it before, it must have been version 7. Try downloading it now from ESET's website.

i tried again last night but like many times before after install version of antivirus is 7 instead 8 :huh:

and other problem is when i connect to eset website and download latest version while i want to install it if i connect to internet give me alarm that there is new version  and you must download it please check latest version (8.0.341.1) that is on web site

Edited by estiven

i tried again last night but like many times before after install version of antivirus is 7 instead 8 :huh:

and other problem is when i connect to eset website and download latest version while i want to install it if i connect to internet give me alarm that there is new version  and you must download it please check latest version (8.0.341.1) that is on web site

Try here: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/5/#offline

Pick OS and language and start the download of V8. You should not get a V7 installer from there.

Upgrade via GUI e.g V7 -> V8 will be available later ESET mentions that in the release post.

thanks but i am sure i downloaded version 8 .

i have not problem with download but main problem is when i download latest version when i want to instsll it instead 8 version is 7  and this problem when start that 8.0.304.0 version was released  and i donot have problem with 8.301  .

please check

Did you use the Live installer then when you got V7?

Mhm....maybe it thought you should get V7 instead of V8....no I really have no idea why you got V7.  ;)

Long time since I used the Live Installer(I like the offline installer better), and with the offline installer (in my link above) you will download an installer having everything inside, so there's no need for any additional downloads before the install is finished until the product updates the VSDs afterwards. And the version and language in the installer have always matched with what I chose on the website.

But unless I am mistaken, there's no need for 301 users to download 304 as the software is exactly the same only that the installer is updated to have the latest modules inside that every 301 should have already received through the VSD update channel.

Can mention for others that the fourth and last number may differ incase of local versions: https://forum.eset.com/topic/29-decoding-eset-version-numbers/?p=78

Edited by SweX

@estiven

Have you solved your problem now with the offline installer?

Do you have version 8 now?

What exactly displays the about box? (screenshot recommend)

Try here: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/5/#offline

Pick OS and language and start the download of V8. You should not get a V7 installer from there.

Upgrade via GUI e.g V7 -> V8 will be available later ESET mentions that in the release post.

Problem!- When I click on this site to download 8.0.304.1, enter Win7 64-bit/English- It shows v 8.0.304.0, and nothing happens when I click Offline Installer?

post-4132-0-25851400-1414612790_thumb.jpg

You of course have to click on download.

About the version numbers see this topic: Decoding version numbers

Basically I can conclude for you: the last number says nothing about how up-to-date the product is. It only describes the language of the product.

Edited by rugk

You of course have to click on download.

About the version numbers see this topic: Decoding version numbers

Basically I can conclude for you: the last number says nothing about how up-to-date the product is. It only describes the language of the product.

Thanks- It downloaded the full installer, no version# is displayed in Properties..., but I will assume it is correct?

Question?- Does this version have the Memory leak fix, or do I have to do the Pre-Release...?