ESET 9.0.12013.0 in Win2008R2 Cannot update mirror

KVC

Hello,

We have installed ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server version 9.0.12012.0 in Windows server 2008R2 and enabled the Mirror setup. Users were able to update from the network and there was no issue in the Server as well.

We noticed that from past 2-3 weeks the mirror location is not getting updated in the server and we are getting error "Modules update failed. Unauthorized access." I have attached the list of modules on the server, if it helps.

We tried to clear the cache, reset setting to default and configure mirror settings again (like previous), Create new location for mirror folder, Re-install the ESET software again in the server (without uninstalling it) and restart the server but it did not work. We also tried to configure mirror settings in a separate Windows10 computer with version 9.1.2060.0 installed but we are getting the same error in it as well.

We are able to update the product directly but it does not create and update files in the mirror folder (which is required for our users to update).

Can someone guide on resolving this issue please.

Thanks in advance.

K

ESET-Modules.jpg

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Run update to reproduce the issue
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have uploaded the logs as per your instructions to below link (since it was little more than 100mb)

https://we.tl/t-6dnreuTbLf

To mention, i have enabled advance logging as per screen-shot, since i did not find it under Help and support -> Technical support .

Please check and guide further.

Thanks,

K

ESET-AdvanceLogging.jpg

Edited by KVC

• Administrators
1 hour ago, KVC said:

To mention, i have enabled advance logging as per screen-shot, since i did not find it under Help and support -> Technical support

Correct, I didn't realize that ESET Server Security doesn't have this option available in the main gui yet, I've inquired developers about it.

In your screenshot I see that you enabled advanced update engine logging, however, there was no updater*.etl log in the "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics"  folder. Please make sure that one is created after enabling the logging and running update and upload it here.

• Administrators

Also I've noticed that you installed ESET Server Security without Network protection.

Please make sure that an older update for Windows 2008 R2 Server KB2664888 is installed. Then install ESET Server Security from scratch in custom mode and make sure to select Network protection to be installed.

Also we strongly recommend enabling the ESET LiveGrid Feedback system for maximum protection. Consider enabling also detection of potentially unsafe applications so that legitimate tools that can be misused in the wrong hands be detected.

Hello Marcos,

With respect to the logs sent yesterday, can you update in reply for any solution to this issue please.

Thanks,

K

• Administrators

The log is pending for analysis by developers. However, it looks like we won't be able to analyze it and will need to supply you with a newer ekrnupdate.dll first. Will update you as soon as I get a response from developers.

• Administrators

Please create fresh advanced update engine log along with a Procmon and Wireshark log, all aligned (from the same update attempt).

Is the server behind a firewall / IDS or transparent proxy?

We also recommend enabling the ESET LiveGrid Feedback system.

Hello Marcos,

Happy New Year to You!

To update, the error seems to be resolved today! I had changed the mirror directory to new one last time while troubleshooting to see if the files are being created, but it was failing then. When i checked today, the new mirror directory is updated with files of 1.54GB size. Also when i click on Check for updates, it does not get any error and is updating.

I am not sure how it got resolved all by itself! (Could be 2023 is lucky for us!)

Thanks for all your support.

Regards,

K