Taskbar Icon Constantly Spinning

Celyka

Hello,

Running version 16.0.24.0.   Startup scan has the icon doing it's 'Radar' like spinning but when the scan is finished the spinning does not stop.  I have to reboot to get the icon to stop spinning.  How can I make this stop please?  It's happening on all 3 PCs I have.  I know I could just hide the icon but I don't want to.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Please run Task manager, right-click ESET Proxy GUI and select Create dump file:

image.png

After a dump eguiProxy.DMP has been generated, compress it and upload it here.

Thanks for the reply.  It's not spinning now since I have already rebooted and I don't know if that's important but I will do this tomorrow when the start up scan begins.

This same behavior happened to me on the first time system startup the day after I had upgraded to ver. 16.

The behavior tracked to Eset was attempting to perform a sig, update and went into a loop at that point. I had full Internet connectivity, so it wansn't related to that.

I subsequently rebooted and this activity stopped and has never reappeared again.

I recently updated my father's computer and removed Nod 32 and reinstalled it on his new computer.  After the update to the latest version, the exact same thing is happening to him as well.

• Administrators

Thank you for the dumps. It turned out to be a bug that has been fixed in the mean time, the fix will be included in the upcoming v16.1 update.

P_ESSW-15965

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have just upgraded to 16.1.14 and still have a constantly spinning Eset taskbar icon.

This issue has not been fixed as of 16.1.4.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Wazza said:

Yes, I have just upgraded to 16.1.14 and still have a constantly spinning Eset taskbar icon.

Thank you, the bug will be eventually fixed in the next version.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 5:22 PM, Marcos said:

Thank you, the bug will be eventually fixed in the next version.

Looking forward to an update :) 

Founding this thread gives me some peace, because i was also one of those who does not sleep well when my ESET not works as it should..

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, MatG-DK said:

Looking forward to an update :) 

Founding this thread gives me some peace, because i was also one of those who does not sleep well when my ESET not works as it should..

Could it be that the bug has been fixed, it's been a while since anyone has posted anything about it, are you still dizzy to see ESET spinning?

• Administrators
Just now, Szkrabula said:

Thank you, new beta version installed, I will test and give info.

Let me correct you, it's not a beta but the final version which is going to replace the current v16.1.14 soon.