EEI version 1.9 server upgrade fails with error

Go to solution Solved by j-gray,

Windows server running the most recent version of EEI (1.8.2218.0). Part way through the installation dialogs I get the following error:

failed to load library 'ServerApi': The specified module could not be found [system:126]

This occurs on the window for "Data connection to ESET Protect" if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts on why this is failing?

eset-eei-error.JPG

I can't reproduce this behavior on my test system, but had a look with Promon, at some point the installer creates the file:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\2\ESE9EA6.tmp\ServerApi.dll

Could it be that some other process is preventing the installer from either writing this file or loading the dll? 

Maybe creating a procmon capture during the installation attempt can shed some more light on what's going on. 
Also msi install log might have some additional clues about why it is failing.  (if log file is not created, try running the installer with: msiexec /i ei_server_nt64.msi /lvx*! ei.install.log)

@Mitchell Thanks for the quick reply. I can't think of a reason that writing the file would be blocked. This server is dedicated to EEI and I've successfully upgraded multiple versions in the past without issue using the same login id.

Aside from the above error that's logged in the install log file, I see the following:

DEBUG: Error 2826:  Control Co.databaseDataCollection.DataCollectionLevel on dialog Di.databaseDataCollection extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 26 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: Di.databaseDataCollection, Co.databaseDataCollection.DataCollectionLevel, to the right

DEBUG: Error 2826:  Control Co.databaseDataCollection.DataCollectionLevelModify on dialog Di.databaseDataCollection extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 26 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: Di.databaseDataCollection, Co.databaseDataCollection.DataCollectionLevelModify, to the right

DEBUG: Error 2827:  The button Custom data collection settings on the radiobutton group Co.databaseDataCollection.DataCollectionLevelModify on dialog Di.databaseDataCollection extends beyond the boundaries of the group on the bottom by 10 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2827. The arguments are: Di.databaseDataCollection, Co.databaseDataCollection.DataCollectionLevelModify, Custom data collection settings

• Solution

Support determined that the issue was caused by outdated Visual C++  and upgrading to the latest version resolved the error.