Not upgrade the Eset Protect

i use ESET Protect (on-premise) version 8.0.19.0. The limited support until June 2023. The client PC use endpoint security version 8.1.2050.0

If i don't upgrade the ESET Protect, the client will get detection engine update after June 2023?

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, mikechan said:

If i don't upgrade the ESET Protect, the client will get detection engine update after June 2023?

End of support of ESET PROTECT has not such impact on products, i.e. security product will be getting updates until it is in support, or there are no technical limitations (beware of old/unsupported operating systems).

Once ESET PROTECT reaches it's end of life, you might loose ability to create installers (= deploy AGENTs via console) and possibly manage newer versions of security products, but without security and protection implications.

• Administrators

Endpoint 8.1 will reach EOL in November 2024 according to https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/product_tables.html.

However, in order to use ESET with the latest version of Windows 10/11 it may be necessary to use a newer product version with full support.

The client PC use endpoint security version 8.1.2050.0.

They update the detection engine from ESET Protect. i concern if ESET Protect reaches end of life, the client PC can get detection engine update from the ESET Protect ?

• Administrators

ESET PROTECT does not provide update files. Clients download module updates from ESET's servers either directly  or through a proxy server that caches downloaded files or from a local mirror created by the command-line Mirror tool.

Our clients download module updates from a local mirror which located in ESET Protect.

that means if ESET Protect reach end of life, our clients can download module updates from this local mirror?