Rules limitations

obee
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi,

Are there any limitations related to web control configuration, device control rule etc? how many rules can we make?

Thank you in advance

Hi @Marcos

Thank you for your reply, and by the way does making 300 rules affect the performance of Eset Protect a lot? we have about 300-400 web control rules in ESET Protect console (see picture below)

1465117239_forum1.thumb.png.4607acec35e347828e3ad17f684e82d3.png

but when using search an error will appear (see picture below)

1063742359_forum2.thumb.png.986a060c946f5baac75bf531c6dbb525.png

but when we open the rule page to the last and using search, the error doesn't appear. Is there anything in the configuration that needs to be tweaked?
And I think this is an error from apache tomcat, is it correct?

Thank you in advance

• Administrators
  • Solution
9 minutes ago, obee said:

Thank you for your reply, and by the way does making 300 rules affect the performance of Eset Protect a lot? we have about 300-400 web control rules in ESET Protect console (see picture below)

That number of rules should not affect the performance noticeably.

As for the crash when opening the policy, it needs to be reported to technical support for further investigation.

Hi everyone,

i have the same problem here

this problem happened to one of my on-premise console version 9.x, but i tried to apply this policy to trial cloud console to get other references, every time i do a direct search on webcontrol rules, so far it always throws an error and shows a notification to load repeat.

I tried another version, Eset Protect version 8.1, the error didn't appear.
Below is an example of an error that appears on the Eset Protect Cloud trial

*version: EPC10.0.1042.0*
*locale: en_US*
*user.agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0 (gecko1_8)*
*document: https://us02.protect.eset.com/era/webconsole/0488CCBC010421396299DB7626131C4B.cache.html*
*url: https://us02.protect.eset.com/era/webconsole/#id=POLICIES:id=EDIT_POLICIES;u=426bcfc0-4c98-445a-ad01-da122bbd8073;e=false;wa=true;p=1*

*error:*
Config engine error: Internal CE: Array filter set gui filter failed, Status 7

Product: eset.local.products.endpoint
Last loaded screen: wca.webcontrol.rules
Last requested screen(s): wca.webcontrol.rules
RPC method: _CE.rpc_api.array_filter_set_gui_filter

maybe @obee can share the version of eset protection, which you are using, so we all know what version it happened in

regards,

• Administrators

Please open a support ticket for further investigation. I was unable to reproduce the error with a couple of Web Control rules, however, your rules may be somehow specific, or the issue occurs with specific modules, under specific circumstances (e.g. after updating the CE module from a specific version), etc. This needs to be investigated further.