Firewall and Banking/Payments protection features will not start

Hi,

I've purchased a new license for ESET Internet Security. Previously I had NOD32 license which was about to expire.

After entering the new license key, the software converted to Internet Security suite and new features appeared (firewall etc.) - however, these features will not start. I've tried restarting the computer multiple times (as the software suggests), but this does not help. Features will not enable themselves and there is no manual way to start - only to disable.

See screenshot attached.

Help is appreciated!

ESET.jpg

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here (only the ESET staff can access attachments).

On 12/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:

Hi Marcos,

For some reason the software fixed itself once I've enabled the logs. On reboot it shows firewall as functional 🤷‍♂️

I assume there is no need to upload anything then? Or would you like the logs nonetheless?

• Administrators

No, we don't need the logs any more since the issue was resolved. By the way, did you restart the machine by clicking the link in GUI or you turned the computer off and on?

On 12/6/2022 at 8:50 AM, Marcos said:

No, we don't need the logs any more since the issue was resolved. By the way, did you restart the machine by clicking the link in GUI or you turned the computer off and on?

Using GUI every time.