Cannot select other language during or after install

Hi,

Just installed the newest version 8 of the Smart Security package on a fully updated (as far as possible) Windows XP SP3 system, and all went fine.

However, I have an English version of Windows. During the installation and also in the finished product I get to see a localized version of Smart Security. And as far as I can see, I cannot change the user language of Smart Security. I went through all advanced settings and I couldn't find any language settings.Why is that?

There is a reason why I have an English setup of my computer. Basically, I don't like dumb translations or errors in those translations. I already saw one of them again during the installation... Perhaps I overlooked something, but can I still set my Smart Security software back to default English? Not having such a language switch is quite a let-down for me.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

You need to select the appropriate language version before downloading the installer from the web. Carry on as follows:

- download the desired language version installer from the web

- uninstall your current version and restart the computer

- install the correct language version.

Download the English version from here hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/5/#offline

(select OS and then English in the language drop down menu)

No you can't change language in the product afterwards, if all languages were to be included in one installer it would become unnecessarily big in size. You just have to download the language version that you want to install. 

• 2 years later...

I bought a license for version 9 of Smart security for 3 years, but when I wanted to install the version in French did not work. The vendor explained that the license only worked with the US English version. So I use the English version that I have already paid. Is it possible to change my version for that in French?

English Smart Security.JPG

• Administrators
On 9/17/2017 at 2:28 AM, Jeanxxx said:

I bought a license for version 9 of Smart security for 3 years, but when I wanted to install the version in French did not work. The vendor explained that the license only worked with the US English version. So I use the English version that I have already paid. Is it possible to change my version for that in French?

Each language version has its own installer. The language cannot be changed after installation.
Regarding local limitations of your license, please contact your local ESET distributor.