Tray icon keeps spinning after update to v16

After updating Eset internet security to v16 tray icon keeps spinning as if there's a scan ongoing, yet there's no activity.

Already tried a full uninstall using the removal tool, but even after a fresh install it keeps doing it.

• Administrators

If you hover the mouse cursor over the icon, does it read "Startup scan in progress" or "Product update in progress" ? For how long did you wait for the icon to stop spinning?

No, when i hover over the icon it just shows the product name and version in the tooltip.

And the icon just keeps spinning from the moment i start up the system until i shut it down.

Yesterday i worked from home and it just kept going the entire day.

image.png

2 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

I thought that ESET had removed this icon that keeps turning, because here on a machine where I installed ESET, even when updating and scanning the icon does not rotate at any time.

It spins during an update or scan on my ESSP ver. 16 installation.

I will add that at least once Eset updating got stuck in a loop constantly running on ver. 16. It hasn't happened again after I reinstalled ver. 16.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

This sounds like a bug from a previous version if I remember correctly. Wonder if it's worth removing in safe mode with the rest uninstaller at https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool