Eset Smart Security 8 on Windows 10; cant activate, nor make any changes to the app itself

Hello!

So, as many others i am trying the Windows 10 build.

With the new update to ESET, HIPS is working as intended, but the app itself wont let me do ANY changes, hence I cant activate the product.

I guess this problem lies with Microsoft, and read/write privileges, but is there any suggestions you guys might have to as how I get Eset activated?

I have tried many solutions, but none have proved successful; disable UAC, change the ownership of the entire drive where ESET's installed, enabled super admin-accunt (well, hidden account at login) etc etc.

Anyone else got the same problem?

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

I forgot to mention that the error i got was.

"Product activation fails, Error 0008 or Error 0009"

when trying to use the online installer.

I downloaded the offline installer for Smart Security 8, and that did the trick. Now i was able to register the product, and also make changes.

Windows 10 is not supported by Anti-Stealth yet but will be soon.

Thank you, Marcos.

I noticed that when i got the installation working as intended :)

Cheers

Why does the HIPS still show a RED circle when I look in Setup? I cut it on along with Smart Mode. I believe I have the lastest build of both ESET 8 and WIndows 10.

Yeah it might not be love at first sight between Win 10 and V8. And Win 10 hasn't been released yet it's still a work in progress so everything may not work properly to 100%.

But you could enable pre-release updates in ESET to get modules that is more compatible with Win 10.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3415&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1415104882099

Edit: added link.

Edited by SweX

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Marcos, you're awesome!

This is one of the the reasons I haven't wanted to leave Eset in 6 years: Great software, great customer service! ^_^

Edited by Duluc

Marcos, I've tried numerous times to get HIPS working again, but to no avail. I've got it set to Pre-release and ran 'update', but after reboot HIPS is not enabled. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Marcos, I've tried numerous times to get HIPS working again, but to no avail. I've got it set to Pre-release and ran 'update', but after reboot HIPS is not enabled. Any ideas?

I haven't announced the availability of 9879-compatible modules yet, please wait until we do so.

• 8 months later...
  • ESET Moderators

Windows 10 will be fully supported once officially released including the HIPS feature and activation.

please find more info regarding Windows 10 support on the ESET Windows 10 landing page hxxp://www.eset.com/int/windows10-compatibility-free-update/

The upgrade process for both home and business users is also well described in the hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3747#KB article

P.R.