egui.exe is consuming too much CPU and memory in v16

FydBhuv.png

egui.exe in ESET Internet Security v16 consumes more than 15% CPU and 600MB+ memory even if it's staying at background. Totally unacceptable. I already turned off transparent background, and now I have no idea why it works like a bloatware.

I will return to v15

I just finished the downgrade to v15. egui.exe process won't even exist when I close the GUI in v15.

ESET products were said to have lower resource consumption comparing with other competitors, but this v16 upgrade is quite disappointing.

• Administrators

We haven't been reported such issue from anybody yet. Please carry on as follows:
1, Enable advanced operating system logging in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics
2, Reproduce the issue
3, After 2-3 minutes disable logging
4, After a few seconds or minute collect logs with ESET Log Collector. If too big, upload it to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link. Otherwise you can upload it here.

@Marcos, I just noticed that the initial ver. 19 bug of equi.exe remaining running after Eset GUI close has resurfaced. The only thing I have done recently is enable transparent mode. I disabled transparent mode and restarted my system. Now, equi.exe terminates when Eset GUI is closed. Appears transparent mode is the culprit.