licence new not used but can't activated !!!

Hello, I am the IT manager of the company papier d'or in Algeria (Algiers), we bought ESET Internet Security licenses 2 months ago to protect our computer equipment consisting of 50 computers, we already have the kaspersy license installed on our machine expires Nov 12, 2022.

On Nov 12 we opened the first box (at first glance it says expires 10/10/2022!), we tried to install this license on one of our laptops, but without success (there is a message that this license is expired ???

same thing for the 2nd key (attach the 2 photos of the 2 licenses. For information we have 17 boxes of 3 workstations bought 2 months ago from a shop in Algiers to install it after kaspersky expires because there is a promotion at that time.

We don't know that the date is 10/10/2022, it is not written or mentioned on the box, only when you open the box do you see this expiration date? We will contact you today for support to give us the solution to activate our purchased and non-usable licenses!!! it's the first time that I see this phenomenon this product!

We no longer have no antivirus protection since November 12?

best greetings

• Administrators

Your license with public ID 3A4-7VG-EHB (license key DXDM-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3FJ6) is valid until Oct 14, 2023. Make sure that you are attempting to use a correct license key for activation.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Your license with public ID 3A4-7VG-EHB (license key DXDM-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3FJ6) is valid until Oct 14, 2023. Make sure that you are attempting to use a correct license key for activation.

this a nother licence it's for my house use, but the licence i said and have probleme is not actived yet please contact me in private to give you the licence

best greetings

Bessila.M

022.jpg

• Administrators

You can provide the public license ID or drop me a personal message with your license key.

The above is the only license registered with your forum email address.

6 hours ago, Bessila Mahieddine said:

For information we have 17 boxes of 3 workstations bought 2 months ago from a shop in Algiers to install it after kaspersky expires because there is a promotion at that time.

If these licenses show as expired when Eset license activation is attempted, your resolution to this matter lies with the shop you purchased the licenses from.

• 2 weeks later...

hello Itman,

thank you for your reply, i have tray many time with supplier who said can't give you new one !!!

he said also it's ESET Africa who have this politic expired after 2 years if niot activated

the problem we have buy many licences and keep in our stock to activate each years, the date is not write outside , only whn you open box you see this date of activated before ?

this rules i only in africa algeria specially, in othes country europe or amercia or asia no have this problem of date ???

how to do now ?

best greetigns

5 hours ago, Bessila Mahieddine said:

he said also it's ESET Africa who have this politic expired after 2 years if niot activated

how to do now ?

You could pursue the matter in the Algerian court system. It all depends if there are laws governing the inability to use a purchased product as designed. Also if laws governing deceptive business practices exist since you were not informed of the two year expiration  restriction at purchase time. Finally, threat of legal action delivered by the proper legal source; e.g. attorney, might result in the Eset license supplier willing to compromise on the situation.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bessila Mahieddine said:

the problem we have buy many licences and keep in our stock to activate each years, the date is not write outside

Are you an authorized reseller in Algeria? If so, please drop me a personal message with expired activation keys or whatever information you can provide to identify the retail products.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Are you an authorized reseller in Algeria?

No, he is an end user:

I am the IT manager of the company papier d'or in Algeria (Algiers), we bought ESET Internet Security licenses 2 months ago to protect our computer equipment consisting of 50 computers,

The problem is the Eset license supplier in Algeria won't do anything about the issue:

i have tray many time with supplier who said can't give you new one !!!

Edited by itman

Some other details here.

Eset's eStore web site for Algeria is here: https://www.eset.com/na/ which appears to be Tunisie:

ESET Afrique du nord
Tunis, Tunisie
Contactez-nous

The question to be resolved is if this Algerian supplier of the Eset licenses is actually an authorized Eset partner?

• Administrators

We're gonna reach out to our authorized distributor in Northern Africa who will contact you on this matter and will do their best to resolve it as soon as possible. Should there be any problems, don't hesitate to contact me here via a personal message.

• ESET Staff
On 11/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, Bessila Mahieddine said:

Hello, I am the IT manager of the company papier d'or in Algeria (Algiers), we bought ESET Internet Security licenses 2 months ago to protect our computer equipment consisting of 50 computers, we already have the kaspersy license installed on our machine expires Nov 12, 2022.

On Nov 12 we opened the first box (at first glance it says expires 10/10/2022!), we tried to install this license on one of our laptops, but without success (there is a message that this license is expired ???

same thing for the 2nd key (attach the 2 photos of the 2 licenses. For information we have 17 boxes of 3 workstations bought 2 months ago from a shop in Algiers to install it after kaspersky expires because there is a promotion at that time.

We don't know that the date is 10/10/2022, it is not written or mentioned on the box, only when you open the box do you see this expiration date? We will contact you today for support to give us the solution to activate our purchased and non-usable licenses!!! it's the first time that I see this phenomenon this product!

We no longer have no antivirus protection since November 12?

best greetings

Dear Mr Bassila,

Please allow me to present my self my Name is Mohamed Amine Dahmani I'm the sales manager in charge of the North West Africa territory for ESET, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please can you provide me in a private message your contacts so we might take back the list of the keys and proceed with a replacement urgently.

Once again we express our sinceres appoligizes and looking forward hearing from you.

Edited by NWA Africa

• Administrators

Mohamed replied me on Friday afternoon that he would contact you. Should you not get a response today, let me know, I'll ask him again.

• ESET Staff

Good day Mr Bassila,

I have well received your messages, as you might know the week end in Algeria is not the same here in Tunisia that's why I'm replying back today, this message will be followed by an email through the adress you shared with me where you can send me the photo or the list of the expired keys.

Best Regards,

Amine Dahmani

ESET NWA Sales Manager 

On 12/5/2022 at 9:17 AM, Marcos said:

Mohamed replied me on Friday afternoon that he would contact you. Should you not get a response today, let me know, I'll ask him again.

hello Mr Marcos,

sorry for ditrube you, but no one call me or send me message ?

our company is without antivruys before 15 day's ?

best greetings

bessila

• Administrators

@NWA Africa sent this to your email address at 9:45 AM CET:

Comme discuté au forum, je me permets de vous adresser ce mail afin de vous demander de bien vouloir nous communiquer une photo claire ou bien une liste des clés expirés Pour effectuer le remplacement.
Notre commercial aura le soin par la suite d’entrer en contact avec vous sur le numéro de mobile que vous nous avez envoyé afin de vous accompagner d’avantage.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

@NWA Africa sent this to your email address at 9:45 AM CET:

Comme discuté au forum, je me permets de vous adresser ce mail afin de vous demander de bien vouloir nous communiquer une photo claire ou bien une liste des clés expirés Pour effectuer le remplacement.
Notre commercial aura le soin par la suite d’entrer en contact avec vous sur le numéro de mobile que vous nous avez envoyé afin de vous accompagner d’avantage.

The problem with the request for a listing of expired license keys is the OP has shrink rapped boxed versions. Legally once the seal of the box is broken, they can not be returned. Nor can any further claim be made in regards money refunds. Therefore Eset NWA Africa must unconditionally guaranty issuance of a new valid equivalent product license for each current expired license. Further since it is the OP's practice not to use purchased licenses until needed; e.g. current license expiration, it must be clearly stated what is the expiration date of all newly issued licenses. 

11 hours ago, Bessila Mahieddine said:

we are without antivirus before 15 day's ?

That should not be the case if the affected devices are running Win 10 or 11. When the installed Eset  product license expired, the devices should have auto switched to Microsoft Defender and the Win firewall as the active real-time AV and firewall solutions.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Good day Mr Bassila,

As promissed we proceeded to a replacement for the list of the expired keys that you provided us through mail and it's our pleasure to assist you on that.

Can you please confirm back tjat everything is fine with the new keys and that you were able to deploy them.

Best regards,

Mohamed