ESET Update

Guest anirbandutta01

Guest anirbandutta01

I'm currently using trial version of EIS, I'm from India. When ESET update done automatically or manually by me, detection engine version showing old update number sometime, and sometime showing updated version engine. When I'm trying to update manually, sometime it's updated with new version engine & sometime not. Is it happened due to time zone? And update always slow even stable & fast internet connection. No other issues. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's not clear what you mean. ESET checks for newer update on an hourly basis. Modules are updated only if there's a newer module update available. When you manually check for an update and get a message that your modules are current and no newer update is available, it should be true. Updates are released typically 6 times a day, sometimes less. They are typically only a few kB in size (engine) if updated regularly so they should be downloaded quickly even on slow connections. Pico (streaming) updates are downloaded silently in the background every few minutes.

Guest anirbandutta01

I'm currently using trial version of lastet EIS (Version 16.0.24.0) , I'm from India. When I'm trying to update ESET update manually or after automatically update, detection engine version showing old update engine number sometime ( for example 26822 instead of latest 26823 ), and sometime showing updated version engine. Is it happened due to different time zone? ( IST & CET )  And update process always slow even stable & fast internet connection. No other issues. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows when you notice that the engine is outdated and running manual update doesn't make any difference:
1, Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
2, Run update
3, Stop logging
4, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector
5, Sign up for this forum and re-post in the appropriate product forum and upload the ELC logs.

Guest anirbandutta01
4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Does it happen that the engine becomes outdated after the computer being online in the last 24 hours?

No I turned on my system after 21 hrs from last update.

• Administrators

Please set the logging verbosity to Diagnostic. If the latest engine is not being used after 12 hours, collect logs with ESET Log Collector. Prior to uploading the logs, sign up for this forum and re-post in the appropriate product forum first.

Guest anirbandutta01
3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please set the logging verbosity to Diagnostic. If the latest engine is not being used after 12 hours, collect logs with ESET Log Collector. Prior to uploading the logs, sign up for this forum and re-post in the appropriate product forum first.

Could you please expain me more details ??