Eset Smart Security Premium Conflicting Application - CCleaner

Hi,

I have recently encountered issues between Eset Smart Security Premium (version 16.0.22.0) and the popular CCleaner Application.

Upon installation of Eset Smart Security Premium, it appears as though CCleaner disables the firewall helper application from startup.

There is also an issue between the two applications, as Eset Secure Data (or Deslock+) fails to enable, and it just gets stuck "processing". The firewall helper also appeared to be suspended in Task Manager.

When I uninstalled CCleaner and Eset and then reinstalled Eset Smart Security Premium, I was able to enable Secure Data. A check of Task Manager, shows the program running correctly. Also the firewall helper does not appear to be suspended as it previously was, although in services the firewall helper was running. It may be just a Task Manager UI issue, however it concerned me as it was listed as suspended.

• Administrators

I've tried to reproduce the issue with the free version of CCleaner to no avail. If you are using the full version, please report the problem to its vendor Piriform so that they create proper exclusions. CCleaner is detected by ESET as a potentially unwanted application by ESET.